Mansfield Town vs #SWFC | official matchday thread

Guest Kameron
2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Difference being that we ‘can’t’ spend it now as opposed to ‘won’t’ in the past.

If Chansiri was seriously minted he could do quite a bit more to ease  FFP issues.

1 minute ago, canyoujust said:

No I am have got better to do in my life but people on this board make me smile as the delusion runs high. 210 pages re no transfers, same squad that last year finished below mid table and better teams in the division. Yet we seem to be content and happy to simply exist .. £90 for a members card sums up how gullible we all are.

In all fairness it's primarily the same squad we finished 6th and 4th the seasons before. I'm sure Jos would love to bring in players, you just have to get over it. If you're not happy with prices don't pay them, that's what I've done. No point going on about transfers, we know the pot is dry.

5 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

Makes you laugh the state of our defense and full backs when we signed Rhodes, Abdi, Jones and Boyd. Wonder how much we wasted on all of them. Sure we could have had a few decent Wing backs and CB

Yes, and in the main defenders are relatively cheaper than midfielders/forwards.

6 minutes ago, lukestheman82 said:

Exactly this, its preseason for both teams. Okay, it theirs cup final blah blah blab, but our lot are supposed to be top level pros. 

Its not their cup final, they played blunts saturday and have rotherham this week too I think, seriously they are a decent side, we need to stand up and be counted or face another difficult season

5 minutes ago, canyoujust said:

Want to bet outcome this year won't be same .... 

I am not expecting us to win the league. If we get to the transfer window deadline with what we have now then I would expect us to finish higher than we did last season.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Kameron said:

If Chansiri was seriously minted he could do quite a bit more to ease  FFP issues.

In fairness, for all the criticism I've had of Chansiri, we were in a very lowly position when he came.

Yes, we'd finished 13th due to Gray's tactics, but in terms of playing staff we weren't 13th in the league IMO.

We'd a lot of catching up to do to compete with the Derbys and so forth, let alone those just down from the PL.

But there has been too much spent in some areas, and not enough in others.

Up top we're top six, at the back we're bottom six.