So who else is already excited for next season?

15 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I can't wait!!!!

I wait to put right the wrongs from last season, I can't wait to see this talented group of players starting the season fully fit after a decent pre season, I can't wait to see the formation Jos employs evolve as it did last season but with even more players coming back from injury, I can't wait to see Fernando Forestieri back in action, I can't wait to be Sheffield's top side again, I can't wait to start looking up the table rather than back over our shoulders.

I can't wait!!!

Trying to work out whether your having a laugh or not !

I want to get excited but won't get carried away.

But we ended last season with some good wins and revitalised players.

We are focusing on fitness which is a real bonus.

So far we haven't sold any big names but that could change.

I'm hoping we can sniff round promotion spots but I know it will be better than last season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We've got stripes back, got a great away shirt, trimmed the squad down as we all wanted, have kept Forestieri etc etc

More importantly though we're gonna start the season FIT for once

I'm buzzing. I reckon we'll be flying from the first game onwards

Absolutely a yes from me. Always the same every season.

Last season after being fed the line of hitting the ground running etc, it lasted 15 minutes into the Rangers friendly.

So expectation tempered a little this year but looking forward for better signs agains Villarreal. 

If we look really fit and ready in stripes AND black shorts I’ll be happy.

3 hours ago, torres said:

Still getting over last Wednesday night.

But all these new signings will get me in the Party mood for Wigan 

Only just getting over it myself , still got the “if only” thoughts. Starting to focus on our new season , did you expect new signings ? I’m just happy to see the players actually fit for a change !! 

Anticipating a rocky start through August /September. Squad aren't going to be fully fit and synched till October, even with this much heralded pre season. Still looking forward to first match at Hillsborough though, win or lose, I think it'll be the start of "our season". 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

We've got stripes back, got a great away shirt, trimmed the squad down as we all wanted, have kept Forestieri etc etc

More importantly though we're gonna start the season FIT for once

I'm buzzing. I reckon we'll be flying from the first game onwards

I'm always excited at the start of the season and given that we should be fit this season mores than usual.

It'll probably have worn off by October though (as per usual).

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I have been excited and optimistic regarding each of the start of the  last 60 seasons lol nothing changes.

quite right too , if you cant be optimistic and excited prior to a ball being kicked , you're in for a long hard season !!

11 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

I'm always excited at the start of the season and given that we should be fit this season mores than usual.

It'll probably have worn off by October though (as per usual).

you manage to keep it going to october ?WTF:

• Haha 1

Excited to have the season almost upon us yes.

Optimistic about the season....not really to be honest,I think around mid table will be realistic,i would settle for that if it meant beating the scrubbers twice , i will be more optimistic this time next season when we will lose the majority of the overpaid dead wood players and hopefully we will be in a better position with ffp also some of our youngsters should be more developed  

I'm more excited waiting for the pitter patter of raindrops, went in the club shop yesterday for the first time in ages, nearly bought the new shirt, couldn't really see the difference between the £59 one & the £99 one (apart from the price tag). 

Decided against it. 

#truefan

35 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I think we will go unnoticed and suprise a few too. Bring on Aug 4th.

That's the spirit !!!!! For what it's worth I agree 100%.

I think the big difference between Carlos and Jos, is that a number of players under Carlos who were ignored, if not considered, have a chance to play and stake a claim for a shirt under Jos.

We still have a very talented group of players, and whilst many want new faces in, the players we have, if fit, confident and able to attain their maximum performance in each game, then I genuinely think we can have a very good and productive season.

46 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not particularly excited, but looking forward to seeing some live games 

Probably, interested, would be a better description Some exciting loan signings could change all that though

Despite a sense of togetherness, think we are starting the season in a weaker position than when we finished the last. New commanding centre half is an absolute must plus a right back. Provided we can remain largely fit and injury free then we should be ok. Issue is we are relying on a smaller pool of players with questionable durability and desire. Loans need to be sorted soon, otherwise we will be starting the season on the back foot.