Fletcher to Panathinaikos

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Loovens, wallace, hunt, rhodes, fletcher, clare, hirst, butterfield, kean.

READ MY POST BEFORE SLAGGING PEOPLE OFF.

:picnic:

Ah now I understand what you meant, your original post seemed to imply 10M from those three players. 

NO NEED TO SHOUT I just misread :ghoulguy:

Why we signed this guy on those terms I will never know but he is a decent player but not going to fit in the new wages plans we have. Good news if we can shift him on and get his wages off the books.

• Like 1

Sadly my thoughts when he signed have become true, good target man but being paid crazy money for a potential crock. If guaranteed 40 games this season id say keep if possible but with the injury record.....

Guest Jack the Hat
8 hours ago, Sonny said:

His contribution has been really undervalued by most but you’d think getting his wages (on top of Rhodes’) would be dream stuff in terms of sorting out this mess. Fingers crossed, I guess.

Couldn't agree more. The goals he has scored have often been key goals at key times. He is one of the few big game players. But his wages , injuries and the emergence of Nuhiu (who he was brought in to be an upgrade on) have rendered him an unecessary luxury. Would be good for all parties, but I have appreciated his contribution.

I saw some geezer asked Nixon about Fletcher moving about a week ago also mentioned Abdi going and some deal with Man City for young players. I do not think Nixon responded. In hindsight it seems poster had heard something. I hope rest is true.

5 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

ManC youngsters sound good. There's no way they would get into their first team and there's talent there that needs tough, physical games.

Who is that wonder kid they have?

Wouldnt mind him here. 

Edit... I think it is Phil Foden 

Edited by Beholder

With a few of the more established players being moved on I'd hope that with Jos having a few months to assess what we have a few deals (loans) would be lined up & we're just waiting to shift a few more out. Its refreshing to see that we may just have a transfer strategy in place though.

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Wouldnt mind him here. 

Phil Foden comes to my mind but of course, they could have plans for him this season.

A friend of mine had seen some Russian or Ukrainian ManC loanee play in a Dutch league game and liked what he saw. Don't know the name though.

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Wouldnt mind him here. 

Foden? If that’s who you mean I’m not sure we’d get him as he’s been in and around the first team. 

As for Fletcher I do think he’s slightly underestimated. Easy to say he was a waste of money but before we signed him he’d played his entire career in the top flights of England, France and Scotland and had a solid scoring record everywhere. Was reasonable to think dropping down a level would see him established as a key player but it’s not quite worked out that way. 

Given his age, wages and recent fitness record it would definitely be a good move if we could move him on. We still have Nuhiu, Joao, Hooper and Winnall who can play the centre forward role so hopefully reinvest the money elsewhere. 

6 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Foden? If that’s who you mean I’m not sure we’d get him as he’s been in and around the first team. 

As for Fletcher I do think he’s slightly underestimated. Easy to say he was a waste of money but before we signed him he’d played his entire career in the top flights of England, France and Scotland and had a solid scoring record everywhere. Was reasonable to think dropping down a level would see him established as a key player but it’s not quite worked out that way. 

Given his age, wages and recent fitness record it would definitely be a good move if we could move him on. We still have Nuhiu, Joao, Hooper and Winnall who can play the centre forward role so hopefully reinvest the money elsewhere. 

How do we know Hooper and Winnall will be Wednesday players by end of Jan.?

35 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

ManC youngsters sound good. There's no way they would get into their first team and there's talent there that needs tough, physical games.

With the signing of Mahrez then Diaz might be available for a season long loan. Wishful thinking tho 

weren't long ago there was a massive thread saying hooper and fletcher was the best pairing and fletchers goals was the reason we got to the second playoffs 

short memories from the usual suspects 

Edited by welsOwl74
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

With the signing of Mahrez then Diaz might be available for a season long loan. Wishful thinking tho 

Yes, he looks like a potential one who needs to get more physical toughness.

It would be interesting to know how much the coaching staff of the team who wants to loan the player affects the decision. Jos should have a good reputation for letting the youngsters play if they're good enough.

I actually like Fletcher as a player.

What he brought to the team was crucial to us before the way Nuhiu finished last season. With our FFP predicament, with Fletcher's age and injury record, it's got to be a no brainer, if he wants to go? But don't forget Fletcher's contribution when fit he was a good player for us but now hopefully if it goes through, it will give Jos some leeway with wages to strengthen the team elsewhere with quality loanees or frees.