Fletcher to Panathinaikos

Just been digging...

New majority owner of Panathinaikos is Pairoj Piempongsant. Who previously has been involved with Manchester City and Reading.

His son, Pete Piempongsant was an advisor to our Chairman Dejphon Chansiri back in 2015, when we signed quite afew players.

Panathinikos new manager is fond of Yorkshire having played for several clubs over here, including Huddersfield and Sheff Utd.

So there's abit of a Thailand connection; and I would say, goodbye Fletcher.

Another one gone.

Screenshot_20180713-173706_Instagram.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I’d be happy with this.  A striking pool of Forestieri, Nuhiu, Joao, Hooper, Winnall and Matias is pretty damn good if you ask me.  Hope we can get a fee too.

2 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Just been digging...

New majority owner of Panathinaikos is Pairoj Piempongsant. Who previously has been involved with Manchester City and Reading.

His son, Pete Piempongsant was an advisor to our Chairman Dejphon Chansiri back in 2015, when we signed quite afew players.

Panathinikos new manager is fond of Yorkshire having played for several clubs over here, including Huddersfield and Sheff Utd.

So there's abit of a Thailand connection; and I would say, goodbye Fletcher.

Another one gone.

Screenshot_20180713-173706_Instagram.jpg

I miss Sergiu Bus.

lol

Or should that be he misses.

Newcastle game.

WTF::ghoulguy:WTF:

I'd be glad to see the back of a player on 35k a week who spends more time been injured .I'm sure he has 2 more years left on his contract though . The worry is though look at the teams that  played last night ,we are involving so many u23 players to me it's  saying several more will leave . Who knows how deep this black hole is we are in.players started last night who I didn't think were anywhere near the 1st team .

2 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’d be happy with this.  A striking pool of Forestieri, Nuhiu, Joao, Hooper, Winnall and Matias is pretty damn good if you ask me.  Hope we can get a fee too.

We need to be very careful not to leave our forward pool too thin.

Only a fool would have Matias as a key part of any plan which involved him playing on that green grassy thing.

Forestieri and Hooper have played as little as Fletcher over the past two seasons.

Joao and Nuhiu are hot now and hopefully will remain so, but both had virtually two seasons where they couldn’t score.

Winnall is injured.

My view is that Fletcher and Nuhiu could share the very arduous targetman role all season. That would leave Hooper, Joao and Forestieri to share the other two wider forward roles through the season. You can see how thin that leaves us already - five forwards in the squad for three starting shirts!

Anything from Winnall or Matias shouldn’t be taken for granted. It would be a bonus.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I can't believe we still have people who consider matias an option. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, poite said:

I can't believe we still have people who consider matias an option. 

He was fit for most of the 2nd half of last season. December on wards. Wasn't really involved till late on when we changed to a front 3 after Nando got fit tho.

• Haha 1