George Hirst reveals new shirt

16 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I genuinely dont think DC recognised the value of the player. 

That is the crux of it. 

He will know full well, but it’s potential. I think keeping to the wage structure was the correct decision. There was a plan for him to be loaned then he’d be back this season pushing for the first team. Fair enough he can get paid more elsewhere that’s his prerogative but for me they’ve gone out of their way, which wasn’t necessary given the so called relationship with the wider club. 

Its been done to death now, neither side is squeaky clean. 

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He will know full well, but it’s potential. I think keeping to the wage structure was the correct decision. There was a plan for him to be loaned then he’d be back this season pushing for the first team. Fair enough he can get paid more elsewhere that’s his prerogative but for me they’ve gone out of their way, which wasn’t necessary given the so called relationship with the wider club. 

Its been done to death now, neither side is squeaky clean. 

Yeah it's been done to death. 

And yes I'm crying over spilt milk. 

But still. 

Gutted. 

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

What's clear to me is DC is new to our club and has no memory of David Hirst the player. 

No emotional connection to this. 

Some would say that's a good thing. 

But to me it is the reason he allowed the disinterest of our last idiot manager to guide his decision. He didn't know any different. 

He has made such a monumental error. It will haunt the club for years. 

Oh please do shut up.

You are talking absolute tripe.

Please - give your statement here some veracity.   Name your qualifications?   Because I just hear "crap crap crap crap crap"

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

I’d love to know the chain of events because Hirst packed up his free pint role with Wednesday way before his lad refused to sign a 4 year deal worth over £800k didn’t he?

How do you know these numbers mate?

56 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

I don't think we should have banned him from training and what not, but the idea this unproven kid was going to get in ahead of the likes of Hooper, Fletcher, Nando and so on is just not based in any kind of reality. 

Even if he had played some games, the moment Premier League interest became apparent he was as good as gone. 

Doesn't excuse us throwing our toys out of the pram, but still. 

So out of interest in the real world how many EPL clubs are chasing the signatures of two crocs like Hooper and Fletcher?

Neither have kicked a ball in anger during 2018 and according to Jos are not yet fit to join pre season training with

the first team.

We dont even know if George Hirst will make it in the professional game especially at championship level , stop bleating everyone and accept we've lost a potential and only 'potential' star in the making here 

4 minutes ago, Watto said:

We dont even know if George Hirst will make it in the professional game especially at championship level , stop bleating everyone and accept we've lost a potential and only 'potential' star in the making here 

Probably right. 

So when it was evident that stalemate had been reached and he wanted more than we would pay, why did DC supposedly reject the offer from Leicester?

Frustrating all round. GH for seemingly being greedy. DC for being obstinate. To rub salt in the wound we had 276 injured strikers last year and he would have inevitably have got his chance.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
15 minutes ago, supersiggi said:

How do you know these numbers mate?

He doesn't

He hasn't got a flipping clue

47 minutes ago, j17tjp said:

A club he’s supported his whole life ....??? 

Just like CC supported Swans since 1982 

:picnic:

Not really though. Carvalhal had no connection to Swansea back then whatsoever. Regardless of what you now feel about George Hirst, it cannot be denied that there has been a clear link between his family and Sheffield Wednesday for the entire 18 or 19 years of his life. 

3 minutes ago, supersiggi said:

Probably right. 

So when it was evident that stalemate had been reached and he wanted more than we would pay, why did DC supposedly reject the offer from Leicester?

Frustrating all round. GH for seemingly being greedy. DC for being obstinate. To rub salt in the wound we had 276 injured strikers last year and he would have inevitably have got his chance.

When we played Millwall we didn't have one striker. 

So yes he would have played a number of times and he would have scored goals in the Championship for his club. 

Would have changed everything.