George Hirst reveals new shirt

14 minutes ago, jamthesun said:

fizz me. If you still need to "talk this through" you either need to get a sense of proportion or a therapist.

Why do you keep replying?

Sufely if you were as 'above all this' as you make yourself out to be you wouldn't even  click on the thread? 

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Why do you keep replying?

Sufely if you were as 'above all this' as you make yourself out to be you wouldn't even  click on the thread? 

I'm replying because I'm genuinely worried about your mental health.

:stuwinky:

1 hour ago, AwokenGiant said:

Brooks shown a lot more at a higher level than Hirst, that’s the difference. 

I think he's a couple of years older than Hirst, makes quite a difference at a young age.

18 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

If anyone knows the actual facts why his relationship with us fell down then feel free to share them. The lad's done what most others his age do these days and that's go with the money. We couldn't match it so he left. It may come back to bite him but there's no bad feeling from me personally. 

What money?

17 hours ago, Beholder said:

Because that is how I see it. 

Like I've said already, had DC allowed Hirst to play football, there would have been no bad blood. No resentment. No hatred. 

Things would have turned out very differently. 

Good faith and trust is repaid in kind. Especially when the people involved loved the club. 

Loved the club ...ye right..hirst senior had already said George wasn't signing for Weds if he had anything to do with it...as stated on many occasions by Buxtongent...loved our club don't think so..

Edited by kazads
Spelling

19 hours ago, Beholder said:

Deep shame #swfc for handling this so badly. 

Withholding football should never again be used as a leverage tactic. 

Whilst I don’t like the idea of withholding football. Why in God’s name play someone who refuses to stay and is leaving, when you could give another youth player game time, who may potentially stay and improve as a player etc. 

19 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Whatever side of the fence you sit with regards to the George Hirst situation, it’s surely wrong to effectively ban someone from playing for a year particularly a young prospect who’s under contract and you’re paying his wages anyway?

Why should the club put his development ahead of a player who actually wanted to be here, and signed a contract accordingly?

For me, anyone who doesn’t want to be here doesn’t play - especially when it’s a kid with everything to prove and demanding the world.

19 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Whatever side of the fence you sit with regards to the George Hirst situation, it’s surely wrong to effectively ban someone from playing for a year particularly a young prospect who’s under contract and you’re paying his wages anyway?

I’ll ask again, why play him over other youth players who may potentially stay? Why stunt their development? 

I don’t like how the chairman/club went about it, but give me a throw up between Hirst and Borukov getting game time, it’s obvious what’s in the clubs best interest.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Why should the club put his development ahead of a player who actually wanted to be here, and signed a contract accordingly?

For me, anyone who doesn’t want to be here doesn’t play - especially when it’s a kid with everything to prove and demanding the world.

And the word in the football world will most probably be stay away from Sheffield Wednesday because if you fall out with the chairman your career is likely to stall massively?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

15 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

And the word in the football world will most probably be stay away from Sheffield Wednesday because if you fall out with the chairman your career is likely to stall massively?

Didn’t stall Clare’s career massively.

Perhaps word in the football world could be look at Wildsmith, Dawson, Thornley and Clare... if you prove yourself at Sheffield Wednesday you’ll get your chance.