George Hirst reveals new shirt

34 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

If anyone knows the actual facts why his relationship with us fell down then feel free to share them. The lad's done what most others his age do these days and that's go with the money. We couldn't match it so he left. It may come back to bite him but there's no bad feeling from me personally. 

Bet hes got a huge signing on fee with hardly any transfer fee involved 

39 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

If anyone knows the actual facts why his relationship with us fell down then feel free to share them. The lad's done what most others his age do these days and that's go with the money. We couldn't match it so he left. It may come back to bite him but there's no bad feeling from me personally. 

That is true, just look at Brooks, apparently he was on £4k a week and now he's on £30k at Bournemouth, most of pigs fans are wishing him well, probably because they think Wilder is going to get all £12M to spend on players. :tango:

Which is very very unlikely.lol

What's clear to me is DC is new to our club and has no memory of David Hirst the player. 

No emotional connection to this. 

Some would say that's a good thing. 

But to me it is the reason he allowed the disinterest of our last idiot manager to guide his decision. He didn't know any different. 

He has made such a monumental error. It will haunt the club for years. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I did have a lot of respect for hirst snr,but seeing how this has panned out then I've none at all now.

Me too Tinks, some people may call me Petty but as far as I’m concerned he and Pearson never played for us. I have a collection of little figures that you could get for players in the premier league from the mid 90’s that are extremely valuable to me, last week I gave Hirst and Pearson to my dog as a chew toy. 

Edited by Rebowl Yell
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

What's clear to me is DC is new to our club and has no memory of David Hirst the player. 

But to me it is the reason he allowed the disinterest of our last idiot manager to guide his decision. He didn't know any different. 

Why do you keep pretending this is so one sided? 

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Do you write for Eastenders?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Junk Smuggler said:

So far the only person who has benefited from this financially is his agent.

It'll still be 12 months before young Hirst gets a big wage, assuming he continues to progress.

He's took a gamble that he's not going to break a leg or he could come out of this far worse than had he stayed.

Guest Jack the Hat

Good luck George. Gutted I couldnt watch you become a Wednesday hero. It's a crying shame that a tin pot club such as Leicester are able to do this. Just shows what going bankrupt a few times and having a run in the prem can do . Don't like them - or palace for that matter. I don't blame the hirsts because I think this is a good move for him. Just unfortunate we've been shafted but what would you do if it was your son?

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Why do you keep pretending this is so one sided? 

Because that is how I see it. 

Like I've said already, had DC allowed Hirst to play football, there would have been no bad blood. No resentment. No hatred. 

Things would have turned out very differently. 

Good faith and trust is repaid in kind. Especially when the people involved loved the club. 

Always 3 sides to a story - yours, theirs and the truth.

What I always laugh at with anything posted on the internet is the continuous misinterpretation of what anyone says and 5 minutes later being passed off as fact.

George Hirst is one good season away from either playing for a PL team or a top end Championship side, more's the pity it won't be us.

Good luck to him.

3 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

Good luck George. Gutted I couldnt watch you become a Wednesday hero. It's a crying shame that a tin pot club such as Leicester are able to do this. Just shows what going bankrupt a few times and having a run in the prem can do . Don't like them - or palace for that matter. I don't blame the hirsts because I think this is a good move for him. Just unfortunate we've been shafted but what would you do if it was your son?

Shaft Wednesday? nah, not for me

• Like 1