George Hirst reveals new shirt

Just now, WatfordOwl said:

Always 3 sides to a story - yours, theirs and the truth.

What I always laugh at with anything posted on the internet is the continuous misinterpretation of what anyone says and 5 minutes later being passed off as fact.

George Hirst is one good season away from either playing for a PL team or a top end Championship side, more's the pity it won't be us.

Good luck to him.

There is no such thing as truth only a close approximation to it. 

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Because that is how I see it. 

Like I've said already, had DC allowed Hirst to play football, there would have been no bad blood. No resentment. No hatred. 

Things would have turned out very differently. 

Good faith and trust is repaid in kind. Especially when the people involved loved the club. 

I’d love to know the chain of events because Hirst packed up his free pint role with Wednesday way before his lad refused to sign a 4 year deal worth over £800k didn’t he?

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Like I've said already, had DC allowed Hirst to play football, there would have been no bad blood. No resentment. No hatred. 

Good faith and trust is repaid in kind. Especially when the people involved loved the club. 

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

I don't think we should have banned him from training and what not, but the idea this unproven kid was going to get in ahead of the likes of Hooper, Fletcher, Nando and so on is just not based in any kind of reality. 

Even if he had played some games, the moment Premier League interest became apparent he was as good as gone. 

Doesn't excuse us throwing our toys out of the pram, but still. 

• Like 1

Guest Ash76

How are people viewing it as a dig? 

I would wish him well but that will mean @Beholder bumping threads forever. 

He's a long way to go, a long long way

52 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If that's the case he would have gone anyway. Brooks, Maguire, Walker didn't stay at United for too long. 

The only shame is we don't get a good fee for him. Oh well, I'm sure we've learnt from it. 

I am actually more concerned about the lack of a sell on fee as that could potentially be a lot higher than a selling fee would have been.

I think we have been well and truly shafted by the Hirst Brigade.

I do think the club should have handled the situation better though.

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

I’d love to know the chain of events because Hirst packed up his free pint role with Wednesday way before his lad refused to sign a 4 year deal worth over £800k didn’t he?

Not sure on the time line tbh. 

1 hour ago, Rebowl Yell said:

There’s more sarcasm in that post than 100 of @Mr Farrell‘s best Owlstalk fishing expeditions.

He’ll get a welcome alright from the fans if he’s ever fortunate to step on our hallowed turf again.

2022 FA Cup replay with Crawley Town

11 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Because that is how I see it. 

Things would have turned out very differently. 

Takes two to tango. To think otherwise is terribly blinkered. Both sides had choices and no one made that for them.

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Takes two to tango. To think otherwise is terribly blinkered. Both sides had choices and no one made that for them.

I genuinely dont think DC recognised the value of the player. 

That is the crux of it. 

13 minutes ago, ANDY said:

A snake wishing another snake well. Imagine my shock.

No wonder Hirst's done what he's done. Forestieri's been his mentor.

29 minutes ago, Woozie said:

25 likes and I'll end him.

I'm dropping this offer down, 1 like and I'll end him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Fair play to George for a very magnanimous tweet.

I'd have said "F*** you all I'm gonna smash it and make you sorry you ever doubted me"