Kyle Bartley

6 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

And 'hecky' with about 3 wins in 40 games is gunner be the new Klopp lol

We will finish above them if we win and they lose next week. Must have been a good 15-20 points above us at one stage.

Not sure if that's down to Jos or Hecky.  bit of both.

Edited by pazowl55

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

You have to argue that could only be him or Venancio, not both. 

Tough one really... Venancio is already well integrated into the squad and we know is solid... Bartley if he could settle in could be a different level to Fred. But that assumes he settles into our squad. You've got to imagine Bartley's on our radar at least though

Maybe both if we decide to release Pudil as well as Loovens. 

24 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Don’t think there is any way we can afford him without major sales.

If he wants to leave and is out of contract other clubs with more money will want him.

If he is in contract no way we can afford a fee and match his wages 

Which clubs do you have an in depth knowledge of their finances to make such a sweeping statement?

8 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Would be a good signing... but could we afford him... and can he play in a back 3 ??

Wonder if he's on what Glenn is on? Or in that ballpark anyway.

Mind. I don't know why I'm getting involved, no idea at all who Jos will have on his wanted list.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Wonder if he's on what Glenn is on? Or in that ballpark anyway.

Mind. I don't know why I'm getting involved, no idea at all who Jos will have on his wanted list.

Unlike the rest of us!

• Haha 1

We could afford him but aren't allowed to overspend an arbitrary limit regardless of how much money our owner is willing to spend (which after all is more external money being pumped into the game), but even if Leeds can't afford him they'd be allowed to use money they haven't got to buy him because they haven't spent as much as us. 

Such is the absurdity of FFP. 

A lot of posters saying Bart would be out of our price range. What is the general opinion of just how much he is worth. To me, he'd be worth 100 million if he helped get us to the premier league. That's 100 million divided by the amount of players we have to use through the season. So not a lot if next season is a doppleganger of this campaign. Not that it will be though :carlos:

He's not out of contract, so won't be cheap.. also, if they go down I can't see them selling. Mawson and Fernandez will likely leave in that event and they'd only have 2 centerbacks on the books, one of which would be Bartley. If they stay up they're in a position to demand more than we can afford. so... no go all around.