Kyle Bartley

Leeds are apparently in talks to sign Bartley on a permanent deal. Surely, we should be in to sign him.  Exactly what we need - big, strong, good age, quality defender and who is a leader.  If there was one player that we spend money on, it would be him.  I would revert to a back 4 and partner him with Lees.

Last season, Bartley and Jansson were immense. It’s no coincidence that Jansson has been half the player this year as he’s been paired with Cooper and some of the young lads.

• Like 1

You have to argue that could only be him or Venancio, not both. 

Tough one really... Venancio is already well integrated into the squad and we know is solid... Bartley if he could settle in could be a different level to Fred. But that assumes he settles into our squad. You've got to imagine Bartley's on our radar at least though

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

You have to argue that could only be him or Venancio, not both. 

Tough one really... Venancio is already well integrated into the squad and we know is solid... Bartley if he could settle in could be a different level to Fred. But that assumes he settles into our squad. You've got to imagine Bartley's on our radar at least though

would say imo Bartley far superior

I don’t know if we have any money available but if there is, we should go for him. We are desperate for a quality centre half who is a leader. Would give us a physical edge as well.

Its probably a £5m deal plus £20k a week contract tho. 

I would suggest we would would have to sell players. Certainly, Rhodes is the one which seems feasible as he’s not in Jos’ plans.  Unfortunately, we are stuck with Abdi and Fletcher. 

We cannot sell FF, Bannan or Lees - too crucial to us.

What would you feel if Carlos wanted Reach as part of the deal? Just throwing it out there.