Sheffield Wednesday manager unveils how he will recruit for next season

28 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The worry for me is, it’s not his decision, is it Probably the same people doing the recruitment, as those responsible for last years

I think not, this is a completely different approach. Do not believe the garbage that DC selects players he does not, he just passes on the names of players who are ientified by scouts/agents or who have been offered to us by other clubs. He only gets involved when finance is involved and if we can afford them. Remember when a person is receiving advice from an agent they may advise him not a good deal probably because nothing in it for them. DC gives a lot of power to manager and allows them to structure recruitment. CC was a Doyen man and he used Doyen scouting who put forward players from clubs where they had influence hence why we only recruited from a few clubs. Also why our young players were signed with Doyen global. We still have contract with Doyen for scouting in Portugal but they did not get a mention in press conference. We have recruited new full time scouts and they have no doubt been looking at areas Jos has outlined..In January he was offered players who were availble and had been identified by previous scouting regime and they were all turned down. We recruited Pelupessy from holland a player Jos knew.

CC had total say over who was recruited and this is why we have a host of similar players with no pace and who would be suited for the slower pace Iberian football which he operated in, age and power do not matter so it was ignored. We have not recruited any young players on loan from Premier League clubs in last 3 years which has been a major failing. Jos has identified this as a source of good players and he is correct. There was also emphasis on youth when did this get a mention. Also we did not recruit many players from Championship clubs. I found it quite refreshening and gives hope to the youth of the club.

• Like 1

I am all for this new approach but it looks like DCs plan, alluded to in the survey results, has been ditched. Not much spending going forwards but realistically we all knew that. What was that survey about FFS.

12 minutes ago, Quist said:

I think not, this is a completely different approach. Do not believe the garbage that DC selects players he does not, he just passes on the names of players who are ientified by scouts/agents or who have been offered to us by other clubs. He only gets involved when finance is involved and if we can afford them. Remember when a person is receiving advice from an agent they may advise him not a good deal probably because nothing in it for them. DC gives a lot of power to manager and allows them to structure recruitment. CC was a Doyen man and he used Doyen scouting who put forward players from clubs where they had influence hence why we only recruited from a few clubs. Also why our young players were signed with Doyen global. We still have contract with Doyen for scouting in Portugal but they did not get a mention in press conference. We have recruited new full time scouts and they have no doubt been looking at areas Jos has outlined..In January he was offered players who were availble and had been identified by previous scouting regime and they were all turned down. We recruited Pelupessy from holland a player Jos knew.

CC had total say over who was recruited and this is why we have a host of similar players with no pace and who would be suited for the slower pace Iberian football which he operated in, age and power do not matter so it was ignored. We have not recruited any young players on loan from Premier League clubs in last 3 years which has been a major failing. Jos has identified this as a source of good players and he is correct. There was also emphasis on youth when did this get a mention. Also we did not recruit many players from Championship clubs. I found it quite refreshening and gives hope to the youth of the club.

Some good points but not sure about 'CC had total say over who was recruited.'

You don't spend £10 million on your player then trash him publicly after Hudders penalty problem. 

Plus DC admitted to outside club persuasion on Rhodes.

And there's no effective difference between Doyen our scouts and Doyen Global who have stole Hirsty from us.

Maybe a 4ft high modular wall and 2 plant pots in their Mayfair offices.

10 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I am all for this new approach but it looks like DCs plan, alluded to in the survey results, has been ditched. Not much spending going forwards but realistically we all knew that. What was that survey about FFS.

Not sure about that braddo. Good championship players ang young prem players won’t come cheap. I honestly think we are now looking at a more long term strategy than the clubs had for a long time. Hopefully the prem youngsters he is looking at are long term recruits not just short term loans. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Some good points but not sure about 'CC had total say over who was recruited.'

You don't spend £10 million on your player then trash him publicly after Hudders penalty problem. 

Plus DC admitted to outside club persuasion on Rhodes.

And there's no effective difference between Doyen our scouts and Doyen Global who have stole Hirsty from us.

Maybe a 4ft high modular wall and 2 plant pots in their Mayfair offices.

I agree no difference with scouts operating for us and Doyen Global. We have now recruited our own scouts they do not work for Doyen. we still have contract for Doyen to scout Poertugese matches not sure when this will end probably end of season. My point is no mention of using info they are providing. Sorry if this is not clear.

My view on CC is that he was self centred and was alll about him and he was upset thet JR refused to take penalty.

Think DC does listen to voices of the many who thought JR was a good thing and thats why he sanctioned such a purchase. CC agreed that he wanted him otherwise would not have been signed. It was always going to be a daft purchase as we do not play a style of football that suits him and neither do many teams as it is no longer succesful in top two divisions.Hopefully he will have now learned that many who post on social media do not understand football and tactics and best left to seasoned professionals.

Guest Jack the Hat

So basically we are going to either utilise the players we have, bring some through the ranks, get some from the championship and some on loan from the prem, who may be English or foreign. We are not looking to spend much money but money is not a problem. So what has he actually said then?

36 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

True. 

Perhaps that survey was more about keeping top earners than bringing in more of them? 

Sounds like Jos has spotted who he can release / ship out / manage without. He knows which young uns he can promote, so there needs to be senior players out of the way for them.

The beauty of getting him on board when we did. Assess the squad well before summer. Pity we had to sacrifice a season to shake it up, but so be it.

Can't see him putting up with injury prone players either. His job is on the line from August onwards.

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Does Jos really know enough about championship players, to make that his primary target area for recruitment

Wouldnt he have better knowledge of players in Germany and Holland? Seems like more of the same to me

Wait and see, you miserable git. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

So basically we are going to either utilise the players we have, bring some through the ranks, get some from the championship and some on loan from the prem, who may be English or foreign. We are not looking to spend much money but money is not a problem. So what has he actually said then?

All of the above.

:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

look in the Championship for typical players - they know the league, they know the culture, they know how to play in the Championship.

Unfortunately this describes Butterfield.

Wrong. Butterfield definitely doesn’t know how to play in the Championship. 

4 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Not sure what he means by "Money is not important,..."

It means Chansiri placed a very large bet on us not getting to the play offs this year and is now gonna splash his winnings on our title challenge this time around.

Very clever man.