Sheffield Wednesday manager unveils how he will recruit for next season

im all for getting u23 players from premier league look what tammy Abraham did then theres the lad up front at forest and so on , 1 problem though we have to convince a premier league club that we will play there u23 star regular which after the way carlos treated our u23 players it might be more difficult even though jos is manager now.

This is a sensible, positive statement. 

The fact he is talking in depth about recruitment tells me that (and I know it's not rocket science) there's gonna be a few leaving. Pretty sure this covers Loovens & Wallace, and probably a couple more of the high earners.

Interesting times !

3 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

So basically we are going to either utilise the players we have, bring some through the ranks, get some from the championship and some on loan from the prem, who may be English or foreign. We are not looking to spend much money but money is not a problem. So what has he actually said then?

Dunno but he was smiling so it must be good news.lol

About time. Chansiri has wasted so much money on crap it’s un-true. There are some really good young, quick and energetic players out there. We need to ship an awful lot out if we’re to have a go next season. 

Great to hear common sense spoke for once....it’s exactly what we should do...look at our own players first...youngsters will be running through brick walls for him now...hopefully overpaid players on Huge transfer fees are a thing of the past

3 hours ago, Quist said:

I agree no difference with scouts operating for us and Doyen Global. We have now recruited our own scouts they do not work for Doyen. we still have contract for Doyen to scout Poertugese matches not sure when this will end probably end of season. My point is no mention of using info they are providing. Sorry if this is not clear.

My view on CC is that he was self centred and was alll about him and he was upset thet JR refused to take penalty.

Think DC does listen to voices of the many who thought JR was a good thing and thats why he sanctioned such a purchase. CC agreed that he wanted him otherwise would not have been signed. It was always going to be a daft purchase as we do not play a style of football that suits him and neither do many teams as it is no longer succesful in top two divisions.Hopefully he will have now learned that many who post on social media do not understand football and tactics and best left to seasoned professionals.

brilliant .........you tell us why we shouldn't have signed Rhodes and in the next sentence tell us that fans on social media don't understand football and should leave it to the professionals .......

I've read what the manager has said and it sounds remarkably similar to what cc said in his last close season here. 

This makes me think its the owner who is writing the script at Hillsborough. 

Every single club where the owner and chairman picked and dictated player policy has ended in deep trouble. It's happened before and just look for yourselves how it played out. 

19 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

I've read what the manager has said and it sounds remarkably similar to what cc said in his last close season here. 

Every single club where the owner and chairman picked and dictated player policy has ended in deep trouble. It's happened before and just look for yourselves how it played out. 

This ^^^^

13 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Does Jos really know enough about championship players, to make that his primary target area for recruitment

Wouldnt he have better knowledge of players in Germany and Holland? Seems like more of the same to me

He’s been managing in the league for five months, he’s managed against most of the teams, I presume he has scouts, he’ll definitely have access to every championship game on dvd going back years, I assume he’s got the appetite to watch a lot of football... it’s not exactly esoteric knowledge we’re dealing in here.

16 minutes ago, Sonny said:

He’s been managing in the league for five months, he’s managed against most of the teams, I presume he has scouts, he’ll definitely have access to every championship game on dvd going back years, I assume he’s got the appetite to watch a lot of football... it’s not exactly esoteric knowledge we’re dealing in here.

Maybe, it strikes me that it’s very similar to last season’s mantra Every coach is different I suppose, but I’d have thought Germany and Holland might have been more fertile hunting grounds

1 hour ago, Mrmason69 said:

Can't  remember what CC said but I don't recall him having a coherent strategy for developing youth. I think wildsmith and Dawson were because he had no option, he'd spunked the budget on identical type players scouted from Fifa 2009, we saw the depth of his GK judgement when we signed Jake Kean.

Maybe if there are similarities it is because DC wants us to develop the young players who seem to be very successful in their age groups, to justify his investment in the academy and now has a manager who agrees with this approach and is capable of doing this where CC wasn't.

I would we surprised  if we don't bring in a couple of European players though, probably when we realise English players are too expensive.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Can't  remember what CC said but I don't recall him having a coherent strategy for developing youth. I think wildsmith and Dawson were because he had no option, he'd spunked the budget on identical type players scouted from Fifa 2009, we saw the depth of his GK judgement when we signed Jake Kean.

Maybe if there are similarities it is because DC wants us to develop the young players who seem to be very successful in their age groups, to justify his investment in the academy and now has a manager who agrees with this approach and is capable of doing this where CC wasn't.

I would we surprised  if we don't bring in a couple of European players though, probably when we realise English players are too expensive.

Agree with your post, tho I’m sure Chansiri has already learned that English players are too expensive from his first 3 years in England. Carlos says he wanted to sign Clucas for us, but then they were told the asking price was £10m

It’s the “previous experience in the championship” bit that concerns me 

On the face of it, nothing wrong with that policy However, we’ve seen how this has been interpreted by the chairman and his advisors, culminating in the ludicrous decision to invest millions in Jordan Rhodes We are now stuck with a bunch of championship has beens, whose better days are behind them, on big money, who aren’t going anywhere

The very fact that the chairman defends our recruitment policy, means I have no faith in this summers recruitment being any different

I would be more encouraged, were Jos to have indicated he was following Wagner’s strategy at Huddersfield Recruiting value for money players from a market he knows, and blending them with the youngsters, we are hopefully now starting to produce

Edited by gurujuan

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

Cc said it close season !!!!   ...never heard Carlos mention the u23 s...he blatantly ignored them for his special ones..:carlosswfc:

We don't need to rebuild. 

This squad hasn't turned dreadful over night - we have a good enough squad to be challenging top 6. 

If we mix in some young, hungry players from our U23's and from the Premiership - we'll strike the right balance. This is where we're at today and what we need:

Dawson/Wildsmith 

New LB Van Aken/Pudil Lees Venancio Hunt/New RB 

Bannan / Pelupessy / Reach / Hutch / Lee / Boyd / Forestieri - +2 fast players

Joao / Hooper / Fletcher / Rhodes / Nuhui 

It's an absolute wealth of quality through the squad there - it looks great on paper, we just need Jos getting em going and some fast players that's for sure. 

21 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’s the “previous experience in the championship” bit that concerns me 

On the face of it, nothing wrong with that policy However, we’ve seen how this has been interpreted by the chairman and his advisors, culminating in the ludicrous decision to invest millions in Jordan Rhodes We are now stuck with a bunch of championship has beens, whose better days are behind them, on big money, who aren’t going anywhere

The very fact that the chairman defends our recruitment policy, means I have no faith in this summers recruitment being any different

I would be more encouraged, were Jos to have indicated he was following Wagner’s strategy at Huddersfield Recruiting value for money players from a market he knows, and blending them with the youngsters, we are hopefully now starting to produce

Misconception on has beens in our squad - Abdi, Boyd? Rhodes - but he's got age on his side still. 

Hooper isn't a has been and has been outstanding for us - Fletcher, still has that touch of quality and hold up play is good. They're 30 - big gap between 30 and 32. Look at Glenn Murray in Premiership. 

We've got enough quality. 

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

We don't need to rebuild. 

This squad hasn't turned dreadful over night - we have a good enough squad to be challenging top 6. 

If we mix in some young, hungry players from our U23's and from the Premiership - we'll strike the right balance. This is where we're at today and what we need:

Dawson/Wildsmith 

New LB Van Aken/Pudil Lees Venancio Hunt/New RB 

Bannan / Pelupessy / Reach / Hutch / Lee / Boyd / Forestieri - +2 fast players

Joao / Hooper / Fletcher / Rhodes / Nuhui 

It's an absolute wealth of quality through the squad there - it looks great on paper, we just need Jos getting em going and some fast players that's for sure. 

Van Aken  not too fussed about ,Young players from u23 looked better ,Should have looked there before signing him £4 million ,Never worth that.

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Agree with your post, tho I’m sure Chansiri has already learned that English players are too expensive from his first 3 years in England. Carlos says he wanted to sign Clucas for us, but then they were told the asking price was £10m

Sure you are right, good point. We'll probably have a target list with lots of English players and a realistic list with some back up players (predominantly from Europe) from which we will no doubt end up shopping from come the second week in July.