Leeds United in race to sign #SWFC keeper...

Would rather keep him...but then the reality of our financial situation means that someone like him might need to be moved on. 

Hopefully, if he does move, then it's to Southampton or better yet Celtic. 

I'd be mildly offended if he ended up at Leeds. 

Truth be told, I'm not entirely convinced they could afford his wages. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

My opinions on this are many:

• I don't Westwood would go to Leeds.
  • I don't think we would sell anyone to Leeds. 
  • If he goes, I think he goes to the Prem, or recently relegated Prem team.
  • We all hate Leeds scum.
  • Repeat to fade.

Why on earth would anyone in the Prem sign a 33 year old championship keeper with a bad injury season? They’ve got an array of choice and money to sign someone far better 

he’s a good keeper, but I think a few are looking with blue and white specs. We’d probably get just shy of a million for him, and sell to a championship team 

I’m not being mischievous here, but Leeds can not afford his wages. 

I really think we need to keep Westwood for next season. We need his experience and whilst he has made some errors and he has been injury prone, he does bring some assurance to our defence.

We have 2 very good young keepers who I’m sure will be great in years to come but maybe not ready for another promotion push if we manage to get our house in order this summer. I think we should loan either Wildsmith or Dawson out next season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CLswfc said:

33 year old, with a long term groin problem is wanted by a rival club. The outlet The Sun. Dear deary me. Not worth posting in my opinion.

If this site followed your opinion it would lose 90% of its content!

lol

DC has to get over this ridiculous notion he appears to have of blanket refusal to sell any "star" players when the offers are there, but instead holding on to them seemingly because of a notion along the lines of if other teams want them then we should keep them, because they must be good if other teams want them (not a direct quote obviously, but a deduction based on events, reports and his musings in various forums).

A successful club does not behave like this.

Why the hell are we talking about selling one of our best players, even though he is currently injured.

Sell KW and bring in another keeper from elsewhere doesn't make any sense.

Doesn't bear well towards promotion push next season letting class players leave and sends a wrong message.

May as well say let FF BB GH LJ go, crazy IMO.

Wildsmith and Dawson are capable young keepers but far from the finished article at the moment IMO.

Hopefully just tabloid or scum agent talk, but hey, whatever will be will be.

With Leeds and new signings, they talk a good game but always end up not delivering

- When they were going to sign FF but bottled it

- Making a big statement about money to spend and replacing Chris wood, they sign jay Roy grot & ekuban

- Can’t agree terms with Hernandez as they don’t want to go over their wage structure

They are just giving their fans false hope

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:36, ZicoSterland2 said:

If we could get 3million for him think that would be good value. Has had a number of injuries over last 2 seasons and the 2 youngsters we have have proved their worth. Likely if ee dont cash in this season he would go for nothing at the end of next. Would free up funds for a new left back or right winger.

If you think back to the first 2 seasons under Carlos, Westwood must have been worth about 10 points per season over a bog standard championship keeper.

Personally I don't think 3 million spent elsewhere on the squad would get anywhere near to gaining us the extra points that Westwood would. If we lose him to a championship rival it will be a big blow imo.

On 4/18/2018 at 12:35, dewsburyowl58 said:

Can’t replace quality , you think 2 keepers of little first team experience is sufficient ? 

How do you get experience by not playing, both youngsters have done well since they have come in, yes a few mistakes have been made, but the more experience they get the more hopefully they'll improve and better they will get. 

For me if the offers are around or above our valuation I'd sell. Westwood may not be quite as bad as Kirkland for being injured but the spells on the sidelines are increasing and lengthening. 

2 hours ago, Markowski77 said:

With Leeds and new signings, they talk a good game but always end up not delivering

- When they were going to sign FF but bottled it

- Making a big statement about money to spend and replacing Chris wood, they sign jay Roy grot & ekuban

- Can’t agree terms with Hernandez as they don’t want to go over their wage structure

They are just giving their fans false hope

He wants two years, which will take him to 35 years old. We only want to give him a one year deal. He'll end up at Birmingham with Monk next season if BCFC stay up.

Can't see any mileage in the Westwood rumour for a number of reasons.