Leeds United in race to sign #SWFC keeper...

18 hours ago, SiJ said:

Would rather keep him...but then the reality of our financial situation means that someone like him might need to be moved on. 

Hopefully, if he does move, then it's to Southampton or better yet Celtic. 

I'd be mildly offended if he ended up at Leeds. 

Truth be told, I'm not entirely convinced they could afford his wages. 

Fk Leeds .

1 minute ago, just visiting said:

He wants two years, which will take him to 35 years old. We only want to give him a one year deal. He'll end up at Birmingham with Monk next season if BCFC stay up.

Can't see any mileage in the Westwood rumour for a number of reasons.

Main one being you're crap .

29 minutes ago, just visiting said:

He wants two years, which will take him to 35 years old. We only want to give him a one year deal. He'll end up at Birmingham with Monk next season if BCFC stay up.

Can't see any mileage in the Westwood rumour for a number of reasons.

Don’t think Monk will keep them up, I reckon pigs will do them this weekend unfortunately. 

But yeah, even if you had the coin I couldn’t see him moving to another championship club tbh.

Ps. Hope the dingles wee pipe on you this Saturday.  

lol 

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

How do you get experience by not playing, both youngsters have done well since they have come in, yes a few mistakes have been made, but the more experience they get the more hopefully they'll improve and better they will get. 

For me if the offers are around or above our valuation I'd sell. Westwood may not be quite as bad as Kirkland for being injured but the spells on the sidelines are increasing and lengthening. 

Do I want Westwood to leave , No I don’t he’s our best keeper by far , if selling him helps with FFP and he gets a good move then I can reluctantly accept him leaving . He has been by far one of our most outstanding players these last 2 seasons , I can’t forget that . I will miss him if he does go , can’t be doing with him getting any criticism either he has been awesome for us . 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Do I want Westwood to leave , No I don’t he’s our best keeper by far , if selling him helps with FFP and he gets a good move then I can reluctantly accept him leaving . He has been by far one of our most outstanding players these last 2 seasons , I can’t forget that . I will miss him if he does go , can’t be doing with him getting any criticism either he has been awesome for us . 

I think westwood a good keeper .but didnt perforn great this year before his injury problems

9 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Cash in whilst we can....................I have felt comfortable enough with Wildsmith & Dawson.................strengthen the wing back....centre back....midfield .wing areas with the funds

Absolutely this. 

If if we’re going to play 3-5-2 with wingbacks at all next season we MUST at the very least get a quality LWB.

Hunt is decent for a wing back role but can’t stay fit so hopefully get that sorted too. Then strengthen CB and midfield.

It’s great to hear Jos say we’ll have more than one set formation so I’d like to see us bring some pace in for the wide areas with an attacking threat. 

Edited by robowl4life

21 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

He made 4 errors , I think ,do you know they stand out so much   

His kicking wasnt as good this year .im not slating westwood because i hope he stays just think he underperformed this year but you could say that about most of our squad

2 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

I agree under gray he was magnificent, keeping clean sheets and heroic performances regularly and in Carlos first 2 seasons was fantastic too. My point is he's not getting younger just like loovens and Wallace and he's beginning to pick up a lot of injuries this and last season. Plus hes out of contract next season too, so would make financial and progressive sense if we're going to go with younger players and build for the future. 

4 hours ago, robowl4life said:

Don’t think Monk will keep them up, I reckon pigs will do them this weekend unfortunately. 

But yeah, even if you had the coin I couldn’t see him moving to another championship club tbh.

Ps. Hope the dingles wee pipe on you this Saturday.  

lol 

So does Hecky!

• Haha 2

On 18/04/2018 at 09:45, adelphi1867 said:

This, he would finish his career with a shed load of trophy's.

And at one of the most passionate, supportive fan bases in the world. Every footballer should end his career at Celtic, what a phenomenal club. 

3 hours ago, twolaptops said:

Cash in whilst we can....................I have felt comfortable enough with Wildsmith & Dawson.................strengthen the wing back....centre back....midfield .wing areas with the funds

Blimey how much are we getting for him ? 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, debram said:

They don't have a chance, in the days of revie, clough (although shortlived) bremner, hunter etc etc maybe, he needs to finish his career on a high, not with weeds who are going nowhere fast.

He's 34 next, has a poor recent injury record and, by all accounts on here, was in poor form shortly before his injury. How is he going to finish his career on a high?

He'll sit in first class on the Sheffield Wednesday over 30's gravy train, like a lot of others on huge wages and still contracted for another 12/24 months.

Unless the EFL suddenly scraps FFP, for the next couple of seasons "going nowhere fast" applies to his current club more than it will to LUFC.

On 18/04/2018 at 07:56, @owlstalk said:

Leeds United are rumoured now to be after Sheffield Wednesday's main goalkeeper Keiren Westwood

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-transfer-news-goalkeeper-14543970

I think to temp Westwood away from us, it’ll take either a bid from an established Prem team (let’s face it, that ain’t going to happen) or a bid from one of the Scottish giants (my guess is that he would favour Celtic with him being Irish). 

6 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I think to temp Westwood away from us, it’ll take either a bid from an established Prem team (let’s face it, that ain’t going to happen) or a bid from one of the Scottish giants (my guess is that he would favour Celtic with him being Irish). 

He's not Irish, is he? I thought he was from Manchester and only qualified for Ireland through his grandmother? 

I'd be eligible to play for Ireland through the same rule, and I've never even been there!