MATCHFIXING

I'm really getting fed up when, on a regular basis, the main talking point at the end of our games is not about the performance of our players but that of the referee/officials and it surely shouldn't be like this.

Another dreadful performance from a crap referee again today, and, of course, he isn't accountable, which is SO wrong. Surely their performances ought to be able to be questioned by Clubs/managers without censorship ? 16 fouls awarded against us and 1 against Villa says an awful lot to me.

The referee seemed to be constantly appeasing the mouthy and odious characters Snodgrass and Terry.

I'm sure, one day, that a retired top referee will publish a book, (hoping for a bestseller) which reveals the extent of corruption within the refereeing community. It seems SO obvious to me that it must go on ?

I'm not saying that Neil Swarbrick is corrupt, but honestly !

I've had chance to calm down but I still cant remember ever seeing anything like this.

60 minutes before we got our first and only free kick.

the disparity between decisions was outrageous.

I really hope the club contact the EFL to look at the referees "performance", there was something very sinister today that goes well beyond a bad game from, the ref

I've sat and wondered if there might be a case for legal action against the F.A. Do they not have an obligation to provide competent and objective officials?

We'd probably lose, but having that game picked over in court might cause a few red faces.

I suppose the trouble is that refs are likely to look after each other. If we did anything to embarrass one of them we'd probably never get a match fairly refereed ever again.

On a scale of one to ten I’ll go for10 referee incompetence - 0 referee match fixing complicity, I live near to an ex EFL referee, who is now a referee assessor, the problem, IMHO, is that there is a no blame culture because they don’t want to rock the boat, they should be made to explain their actions after making an obvious mistake, he just ignores me when I suggest it.

I don’t think Swarbrook is bent - I think he’s just weak. The Villa players and Bruce were in his ear constantly and it appeared he complied with their demands. He also appeared to suffer from temporary blindness around the time of a few heavy challenges and blatant dives from Villa players- it’s a medical condition. 

It won't change until they are actually "answerable"..I mean we, as fans pay a lot of money to watch this stuff....We cant see any contentious decisions because they are not replayed on the big screen...While some f.ooker sat on the sofa at home watching a Televised game can watch over and over again.

If that game today had been Chelsea V Arsenal live on SKY..It would be bloody headline news...Whats the ref do...?

F.ooks off home answerable to no-one.

Incompetent (and I use that term loosely cos it looked beyond suspicious) performances like that should be looked at...because 

Worse case scenario...He's absolutely bent

any other scenario...He is a totally crap ref

You get these idiots relegated from the Prem..cos they upset Jose, Arsene, whoeverthefook..and US paying prices comparible to the Prem..end up with the useless f.ooks.

Hows that fair?

If you can't referee a Premiership game properly, you can't ref a Championship game properly can you?

are the rules sodding different or something?

Players like Snodgrass?.....Have a good look at them and ban them if they are seen to persistently cheat...same goes for FF or any footballer....Terry...tell the f.ook to shut his mouth when he in your ear constantly...

These are all p*ss easy things to do....

I'm not one to blame anyoune but ourselves when it goes T *ts for Wednesday, but that shambolic officiating should be questioned...cos it was either totally incompetent or something far more sinister...and wants sorting either way

45 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

Precisely.

Their first goal came from a free kick that wasn't.

Their second came on the back of a two footed challenge from behind on Reach that was deemed to be no foul.

Their third came from a corner that wasn't.

The fourth came from Snodgrass entering the box (running the ball over the line in the process) and hunting for contact before passing the ball and charging, head down, into the back of Pudil.

Not to mention the challenge on Atdhe when he was through on goal - albeit with work to do - and the foul on Boyd in the box.

Incompetence wouldn't explain the disparity.

100% bang on the money

42 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

He went looking for it, but the contact was made. Wouldn't mind seeing it again, mind you.

And I'll be frank. There's no doubt in my mind that he'd have given it in a heartbeat were it in the other box.

I had a really clear view of this from the North. He clipped him. It was a penalty. 

1 hour ago, s6 owl said:

All I heard on here earlier on the season is that it evens itself out. 

Does it hell as like, today was 100% corruption.

It does even itself out. Referee was poor, but Villa 'old manned' us. The likes of Snodgrass, Terry etc may be complete dogs as men, but at this level but they know how to win football games at this level. 

There is a perception that the best side get all the decisions. They don't. They win because they've got the best team. It's quite simple really. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

It does even itself out. Referee was poor, but Villa 'old manned' us. The likes of Snodgrass, Terry etc may be complete dogs as men, but at this level but they know how to win football games at this level. 

There is a perception that the best side get all the decisions. They don't. They win because they've got the best team. It's quite simple really. 

Do you honestly believe that?