MATCHFIXING

Just now, vulva said:

And re corruption, every single bet of £50 or more on English games gets logged and tracked at FA headquarters. It's nigh on impossible to rig a game in England. Russia, Italy etc, different ball game. 

I don't think the game was/is rigged in this country, but couldn't they just do their betting outside of the UK to get around that?

1 minute ago, vulva said:

It does even itself out. Referee was poor, but Villa 'old manned' us. The likes of Snodgrass, Terry etc may be complete dogs as men, but at this level but they know how to win football games at this level. 

There is a perception that the best side get all the decisions. They don't. They win because they've got the best team. It's quite simple really. 

How on earth can it "Even itself out"?...It doesn't.....Its not a finite science...its a series of random events...get more bad than good ones and you suffer...You don't get "Exactly" the same of each over a season...thats more or less impossible...

It’s is what it is. You have to beat the 11 men on the field regardless of how bad a referee is and our 11 men simply aren’t capable of beating other team’s 11 men.

It is that simple.

Just now, asteener1867 said:

How on earth can it "Even itself out"?...It doesn't.....Its not a finite science...its a series of random events...get more bad than good ones and you suffer...You don't get "Exactly" the same of each over a season...thats more or less impossible...

Throughout the history of the game the best sides appear to get the decisions, the poor sides don't. The common denominator is ability. 

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Throughout the history of the game the best sides appear to get the decisions, the poor sides don't. The common denominator is ability. 

Thats not the same question though is it?

We are talking about the decisions made during a game....Not the question of whether Villa are a better side...The League table does that...and its pretty conclusive.

Find me a game where the foul count is the same as this one?

Thats not the same question though is it?

We are talking about the decisions made during a game....Not the question of whether Villa are a better side...The League table does that...and its pretty conclusive.

Find me a game where the foul count is the same as this one?

That’s not the point. My point is that over a season the big decisions, such as penalties, sendings offs etc even themselves out. Some you win, some you lose. I don’t buy into the theory that referees enter a game against Sheffield Wednesday hell bent on giving stuff against us. 

The referee had a poor game today. Shocker. But it’s the worst job in football. Surrounded my multi millionaire wnvkers trying to win by cheating half the time. And a a boozed up crowd who can only see the game one way. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

Throughout the history of the game..The best side wins simply because they are the best side...appearing to get decisions has little or nowt to do with it....

Just now, vulva said:

That’s not the point. My point is that over a season the big decisions, such as penalties, sendings offs etc even themselves out. Some you win, some you lose. I don’t buy into the theory that referees enter a game against Sheffield Wednesday hell bent on giving stuff against us. 

The referee had a poor game today. Shocker. But it’s the worst job in football. Surrounded my multi millionaire wnvkers trying to win by cheating half the time. And a a boozed up crowd who can only see the game one way. 

Its the worst job in football if they ref it the way he did mate..........He did by far one of the worst jobs in football ive seen....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Throughout the history of the game..The best side wins simply because they are the best side...appearing to get decisions has little or nowt to do with it....

Cant help thinking we agree.  We lost today because Snodgrass ‘old manned’ us. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

So..given your theory of the game "Evening itself out"....Where is our similar f.ookin' situation this year?

Do we still not believe in conspiracy theories?.The FA want villa back in the premiere league they won't investigate him as they are pulling the strings.The same way we we're turned over in (THAT GAME) against man utd when fergie time was invented.That was a pivotal game that turned the tide and was instrumental in united winning the premiere league.I'm not one to stick up for them lot from lane but they were screwed by the FA with the tevez affair.They have an agenda and they need investigating as well as the officials.

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

And re corruption, every single bet of £50 or more on English games gets logged and tracked at FA headquarters. It's nigh on impossible to rig a game in England. Russia, Italy etc, different ball game. 

nope not if the bet is in Asia   they love our football hence getting involved  I'm dreading what it's going to be like 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think ref incompetant rather then bent today.

Incompetent we're used to. Today felt worse. We were awarded 1 single free kick all game. They were awarded 16.

In a game where we were at least even in possession and chances.

Not having it. Something felt off with that one.

2 minutes in when Clare was tripped from behind and grabbed the ball. The ref was so desperate no to award a free kick against villa that he got confused and gave nothing. At which point he waved both hands over to Steve Bruce to apologise for not giving a free kick to villa. At that moment I knew we were stuffed. The fact that the lads did as well as they did is a great credit to them

So..given your theory of the game "Evening itself out"....Where is our similar f.ookin' situation this year?

If you sat down and went through every game, you would spot loads of decisions in our favour. When teams lose managers, players and fans to an extent look for excuses, and the referee is often an easy target. The referees have nothing to do with our league posion this season. 

• Haha 1