MATCHFIXING

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

In what way?

Put it this way I took a team of kids off a pitch that were being kicked to pieces by the other team.It was witnessed by the league child welfare officer who told me I had to take them off to protect them.I got charged & found guilty by the FA for causing a game to be abandoned.Followed by a fifty quid fine.

Just now, vulva said:

If you sat down and went through every game, you would spot loads of decisions in our favour. When teams lose managers, players and fans to an extent look for excuses, and the referee is often an easy target. The referees have nothing to do with our league posion this season. 

This ref does.....His decisions lost us at least a point in my opinion..that could be vital

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Generally officiating in this country is of a high standard compared to other countries- today's display however didn't quite fall into that category!

Not sure that is the case anymore to be honest.

Don't think there is 1 of our referees that will be at the world cup.

Just had a quick look at the championship stats, after our 1 and only free kick....the lowest amount awarded to a team was the Barnsley v Birmingham game.

Barnsley had a paltry 8 free kicks to Birmingham's 15

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

He "old manned" the Ref......Who should have known better....

So if you haven't got a Snodgrass or a Terry...can you explain how you "Even out" the decisions?

‘Old manning’ has been part of football since time began. It’s part of the game. John Terry reffed that game for half the time. We just weren’t as good at it as they were. 

33 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I don’t think Swarbrook is bent - I think he’s just weak. The Villa players and Bruce were in his ear constantly and it appeared he complied with their demands. He also appeared to suffer from temporary blindness around the time of a few heavy challenges and blatant dives from Villa players- it’s a medical condition. 

What we need to remember is he has 2 other officials to help him who also saw nothing wrong.I don't buy this that all 3 of em all saw it the same way

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

If you sat down and went through every game, you would spot loads of decisions in our favour. When teams lose managers, players and fans to an extent look for excuses, and the referee is often an easy target. The referees have nothing to do with our league posion this season. 

Oh just give it rest.

Don't try & rationalise what went on today.

This went way beyond 'things evening out over a season' blah blah blah.

Can you recall the "loads of decisions in our favour" that equated to 16 decisions for & 1 against.

We'd do a lap of honour if it ever evened out at 50/50.

1 minute ago, Dot said:

Just had a quick look at the championship stats, after our 1 and only free kick....the lowest amount awarded to a team was the Barnsley v Birmingham game.

Barnsley had a paltry 8 free kicks to Birmingham's 15

Don't worry Dot...It evens itself out apparently.....

Bristol City wil get 0 and we should get 8 next Satdi lol

1 minute ago, vulva said:

‘Old manning’ has been part of football since time began. It’s part of the game. John Terry reffed that game for half the time. We just weren’t as good at it as they were. 

So..If you have Snodgrass and Terry in your team...All season....How does a team without such..."Even it out"

I think they save the worse refs for us, I’m convinced of it, and that they have a secret game they play amongst themselves to see who can take the pish out of us the most. Then they have a laugh at our expense.

I also believe that match fixing might be a widespread phenonemon not restricted to these shores. There’s been shedloads of results over the last couple of weeks alone that should never have been, I’ve noticed it whilst I’ve been doing my usual betting across the various European leagues.

The same patterns have been emerging across all the European leagues. Top of the table teams with 10 points clear over the 2nd team in their league, losing at home to the bottom team with single digit points. Happened numerous times during recent weeks to the point that its now worth having a punt on any bottom of the table team when they play top opposition.

I suspect something will come out in the wash sometime soon.

7 minutes ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

What we need to remember is he has 2 other officials to help him who also saw nothing wrong.I don't buy this that all 3 of em all saw it the same way

Linesmen just follow the ref there like spineless sheep