MATCHFIXING

In America, a group of individuals who thought this strongly would come together and do something about it.

Can we as a group of individuals not do something about this?   It's clear we all feel the same - and that in itself tells a story as we are usually at serious odds with each other

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

In America, a group of individuals who thought this strongly would come together and do something about it.

Can we as a group of individuals not do something about this?   It's clear we all feel the same - and that in itself tells a story as we are usually at serious odds with each other

we lost it's almost certain to be 'sour grapes'  I obviously hoped we'd win but then a complaint would have had weight 

5 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

One of the most bizarre sentences I've read in ages on Owlstalk :tango:

10 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

I’m going to write a strongly worded letter. 

• Haha 1

The match wasn’t fixed and the ref isn’t bent. He had a very poor game, and we were unlucky to lose to 2 late goals to a team that will probably finish top 2. 

Now, shall we just take our medicine and move on to the next game and stop whining?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Will69 said:

It’s is what it is. You have to beat the 11 men on the field regardless of how bad a referee is and our 11 men simply aren’t capable of beating other team’s 11 men.

It is that simple.

You raise a fair point.

However, the margins between losing, drawing or winning a game at Championship level are very fine and, secondly, who is going to stay around and watch officials perform like that every week?

Itz coz its Hillsbro innit. Da refs get breefed b4 each gayem dat dey av 2 giv dessisons agenst us so dat dey dont av 2 upset livapool by stoping us from geting pramoted. 

I say we move 2 Scotland were dey wont be so corupt agenst us we carnt let dem keep fvckin us ova all da tiyem itz rediculus

Edited by Rebowl Yell

15 minutes ago, vulva said:

The match wasn’t fixed and the ref isn’t bent. He had a very poor game, and we were unlucky to lose to 2 late goals to a team that will probably finish top 2. 

Now, shall we just take our medicine and move on to the next game and stop whining?

One free kick all match and blatantly giving villa anything every time a villa player went down suggests either incompetence or total bias . If a ref has a poor game he is poor for both sides not complete bias to one . Add to Terry chirping at him all game , giving villa players a hand up after going down and getting his head rubbed by Bruce doesn't lend itself to an unbiased poor performance . Not whining just what I saw . I'd have taken a loss but a really good performance before the match but the manner of the defeat annoys me . 

2 hours ago, Dot said:

When we got our first free kick on 60 minutes

probably about 70% of the north stand stood up and (ironically) applauded

I've never seen anything like it before

Said to my mate at that point do you think he will feel embarrassed by that.

Obviously not he carried on in the same manner

19 minutes ago, vulva said:

Do you know what I would usually agree with you but for the first time ever I had my suspicions today 

Villa were behind for about 40 minutes today, level for about 40, and ahead for about 10. Possession for sake of argument was 50/50 over the 90.

I'm not sure there is a football game above semi-professional level where a team only commits one foul in 80 minutes of not winning a game. It's just not possible when you're trying to be competitive. I never thought I'd say there was match fixing because it just comes across like you're making up an excuse to justify a poor performance. But it seems a damned sight more likely than a team that's only in front for 10 mins fouling the opposition only once. 

Edited by StudentOwl

1 hour ago, HubristicClapper said:

Which Americans?

• Haha 2

Pity I am up in Sheffield for a day or two. I know where Stockley Park is where they do the VAR and could have bumped into him whilst going to a client and passed on our regards