MATCHFIXING

Just now, Ronio said:

I don't know.  

He was consistent in his decision making.  We go in for a challenge, it's a foul, they go in for a challenge, play on.  

Precisely.

Their first goal came from a free kick that wasn't.

Their second came on the back of a two footed challenge from behind on Reach that was deemed to be no foul.

Their third came from a corner that wasn't.

The fourth came from Snodgrass entering the box (running the ball over the line in the process) and hunting for contact before passing the ball and charging, head down, into the back of Pudil.

Not to mention the challenge on Atdhe when he was through on goal - albeit with work to do - and the foul on Boyd in the box.

Incompetence wouldn't explain the disparity.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

To be honest....It was on the verge of going beyond crap reffing....I know that sounds a bit over the top, but I can't convey how bloody angry EVERYONE was....

Going over to have a word with Bruce and letting him stroke yer head!!!"..then trot off again...Did he go over and ask "Am I doin' OK Steve"...Letting Terry and Snodgrass virtually run a game of football?

Pudil TWICE obviously asked him what the....." f.ook he was doing"

Do Nuhiu and Joao get penalised cos they are tall or summat?...I honestly failed to understand half the decisions given against us today..That bloke, on that performance should be nowhere near a football pitch.

They get marked for performance don't they?

Anyone got a link...cos if he got above 4...the system is totally bent

Yes they do get marked on performance. If they an average of more than 3/10 per game they get to become premiership refs. If they then get a 0/10 to 2/10 performance they get a Sheffield Wednesday match.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Generally officiating in this country is of a high standard compared to other countries- today's display however didn't quite fall into that category!

I dread to think what officials are like in foreign land if our refs are classed as high standard.

3 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

Precisely.

Their first goal came from a free kick that wasn't.

Their second came on the back of a two footed challenge from behind on Reach that was deemed to be no foul.

Their third came from a corner that wasn't.

The fourth came from Snodgrass entering the box (running the ball over the line in the process) and hunting for contact before passing the ball and charging, head down, into the back of Pudil.

Not to mention the challenge on Atdhe when he was through on goal - albeit with work to do - and the foul on Boyd in the box.

Incompetence wouldn't explain the disparity.

Wasn't a foul on Boyd mate.....He just went over....agree with all yer other points though.....

Just now, asteener1867 said:

Wasn't a foul on Boyd mate.....He just went over....agree with all yer other points though.....

He went looking for it, but the contact was made. Wouldn't mind seeing it again, mind you.

And I'll be frank. There's no doubt in my mind that he'd have given it in a heartbeat were it in the other box.

1 minute ago, Andoverowl said:

Haven't we got history with Swarbrick? Seem to remember another incompetent display from him before.

His name rang a bell with me, but I was told after that he is usually a premier ref.

On that showing he'll be in our league for a long time.

Snodgrass is a disgrace, but if he gets away with it. I thought footy was booking players for diving.

Worst ref I seen. This season the ref's have been worst ever. Today takes the P*SS. Hope we never get him again. Thought wednesday fought and ran there legs off. A decent ref and some luck and we would have beaten a team at top of table playing a full strength team with our 2nd 11. With all the other good things happening at hillsborough things are going to get a lot better very soon.

It's beyond simple incompetence.  I think there was a level of  - I am sure - unconscious bias today.  I don't quite recall seeing the like.  Yes, against Birmingham the Matias red cost us but that was a one off bad call.  Today was systemic.  The failure event to give a free kick for the Terry foul was with the possible exception of the FF sending off at Hull in 2016 the single worst decision I can recall seeing