Sam Winnall plans to stop at Derby

39 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Lack of loyalty to the club that actually own him

I can see a bit of this. Fair enough he is happy at Derby and wants to play there, but they aren’t his parent club (unless we are missing something). He should hedge his bets a lot more rather than taking every opportunity to pretend he’s part of the furniture there. Football is an unpredictable game.

2 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

If Derby fail in their promotion quest they can't afford him. If they do go up why would they want him?

Per OP's post, Winnall's mere presence is fantastic for team morale. Can't put a price on that!

9 hours ago, bobness said:

Per OP's post, Winnall's mere presence is fantastic for team morale. Can't put a price on that!

and yet via rumours if believed he's a prat at his  last 2 clubs   

for me no other reason that he was makeweight in a swap loan deal   except of course CC's bad judgement

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

how do people know what he's like ?.......derby seem happy to have him around the club which you think they wouldn't if he was a bit of a knobhead . 

Precisely. It's Chinese whispers at best. 'I've heard' "I reckon' etc etc. Fact is he was massively mismanaged by CC, got shipped out on loan to a team that are now majorly challenging for promotion (with a manager we stupidly missed out on by sticking with clueless) and he's apparently a positive influence on the dressing room, so much so that Derby seem more than happy to pick up the, I'm sure, considerable costs of convalescence even though he probably won't be back playing for 9 months. Who to believe on this one?