Sam Winnall plans to stop at Derby

20 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

One of the top scorers in the Championship over the last 18 months. Not to be sold on the cheap. Not when your Gary Madines are going for £6m after scoring 1/3rd of the amount Winnall has at this level.

Be interested to find out if a future fee was agreed at the time of the loan.

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Talking to a couple of Barnsley fans and it sounds as if the guy is a right tw@t

Yep. 

I queried a Barnsley fan last year as to why there was so much disdain towards Winnall. Needless to say, they basically said the bloke was a complete c*ckwombler off the pitch.  

Heard similar stories about his time with us. Wasn't the most popular member of the dressing room. 

2 minutes ago, Madmax said:

Who can blame him, Treat like poo here & chance to stay at a better club: No brainer.

As I am not Happy, Sad or Confused by your comment I feel frustrated that I can not respond by Emoji.......lol#FreetheNeg

Edited by Morepork
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

One of the top scorers in the Championship over the last 18 months. Not to be sold on the cheap. Not when your Gary Madines are going for £6m after scoring 1/3rd of the amount Winnall has at this level.

We have probably already agreed a 350k fee with no sell on clause. 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Was a bully allegedly to youngsters at Barnsley 

That’s what I’ve been told as I actually have an exclusive picture of Derby’s academy players after hearing Sam Winnall was on his way to train with them 

FB716999-4A97-448F-AFF1-AEF11A3D6D19.jpeg

Edited by Rebowl Yell
  • Haha 1

Why would be want him back here? Let their medical team do their work on recovering our player. He’s on loan until the end of the season, derby are paying a % of his wages so are more than entitled to keep him for now. 

I would personally sell him, his stock has risen while at derby & we’re in a position to ask for an over inflated fee. If not & his attitude isn’t everything Sheffield Wednesday, let him rot. 

Going on what Cardiff paid for Madine we should be looking at getting £7m to £8m.

If we can get that I’d happily let him go, we’ve got more than enough strikers, it’d be a huge profit on what we paid for him and it’d help Jos in the transfer market while keeping the club within FFP.

59 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Why should he?

He can stay at Derby til the end of his loan spell..He can't play for the rest of the season...What on earth would we want him back for?

Medical students?

We could dissect him and see if we can find the bit that Rhodes has misplaced.

I never understand why players on loan state their desire to stay at the wonderful club they have been loaned to. If the new club wants to sign them the price will go up, if they come back to the parent club the fans will consider them a traitor. Much better to be none committal and avoid giving people ammunition.

• Like 1