Sam Winnall plans to stop at Derby

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I cant see derby  signing him in the summer if he's out till November ....he wouldn't pass a medical for a start and if they did sign him without passing then you'd think they would have a problem getting insurance for him . 

Although you are correct - lots of players don't pass medicals but get signed anyway

The type of medical fund type insurance used by many football clubs means that there wouldn't be exclusions or sanctions on him or his previous surgery

1 hour ago, TINKERBELL said:

Was a bully allegedly to youngsters at Barnsley 

And at Wednesday. Lets move on. He wasn't good  enough here and if we get anything more than 2 mill then we will have done ok. 

1 hour ago, ANDY said:

Sam Winnall appears to have no plans to return to Sheffield Wednesday before the end of his Derby County loan spell.

Winnall is expected to be out for six to nine months after undergoing surgery to repair a damaged anterior cruciate ligament earlier in February.

And the striker has already indicated via his Instagram account that he has begun his rehabilitation at Derby rather than Sheffield Wednesday.

Speaking to RamsTV over the weekend, he has since revealed his intention to remain at Pride Park and use his positivity behind the scenes to inspire his teammates to promotion to the Premier League.

"So far I have loved my time here," said Winnall. "I love working with the staff, payers and everyone at the football club.

"The injury was terrible and terrible timing with the run-in but I feel I have got other things to give within the squad and dressing room.

"I feel as though my positivity – not on the pitch – but in and around the training ground every day can help the team and hopefully help us succeed.

"I may not be able to help on the pitch until the end of the season, but I definitely can behind the scenes.

"I’ll be doing everything I can to remain positive and help in any way I can."

Winnall, who has registered seven goals and two assists in seven league starts this season, is under contract until 2020 at Sheffield Wednesday.

It is currently unclear as to whether or not Derby have an option to turn the 27-year-old's deal permanent, although early indications suggest a willingness from both the Rams and Winnall to do so.

If they dont buy him next summer then he comes back to us. End of!

12 minutes ago, scram said:

Although you are correct - lots of players don't pass medicals but get signed anyway

The type of medical fund type insurance used by many football clubs means that there wouldn't be exclusions or sanctions on him or his previous surgery

what would happen if they pay say 5million for him july and he doesn't recover , would derby get there money back off the insurance company ?

1 hour ago, brando said:

don't fully understand our fans wanting to get rid so easy

not like were blessed in the striker dept

Hooper injury prone

Fletcher never gonna score enough

Rhodes appears a spent force

Joao raw but good potential

Nuhui well look at his strike rate,and pace.or lack off

FF doesn't appear to wan't to play

so to really be prepared to let a striker like Winnall.who let#s be honest is better than the above

is beyond me.

I think he is putting it out there he doesn't want to come back.He couldn't make it any clearer.

He needs to be careful. Butterfield in the early days with us started spouting off about how he wants to move blah blah, looks,like he'll be going back. Derby fans didn't take too kindly to it. Sam needs to be quiet and get on with his re hab. He's our player. End of. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brando said:

don't fully understand our fans wanting to get rid so easy

not like were blessed in the striker dept

Hooper injury prone

Fletcher never gonna score enough

Rhodes appears a spent force

Joao raw but good potential

Nuhui well look at his strike rate,and pace.or lack off

FF doesn't appear to wan't to play

so to really be prepared to let a striker like Winnall.who let#s be honest is better than the above

is beyond me.

Add to which that Jos will probably give him more game time than our last manager.

:luhukay:

11 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Lack of loyalty to the club that actually own him

Lack of loyalty? Where was the loyalty shown to him when he was barely getting any game time or being shipped out on loan. 

Ridiculous statement. He's on loan at a club that are challenging for promotion, he is theirs until the end of the season. Can you blame him for not wanting our medical staff touching him? 

He has been an important player for Derby this season and I can't see how anyone can complain about a player we deemed surplus to requirements wanting to be part of a potential promotion winning side for the duration of his loan.