1 Defeat in 9 Games For Jos

I wasnt that chuffed when we appointed JL,especially given that were without so many players,Id expected a guy that knew the league and had a history of getting out of this league.....Pearson was my choice,and still would be.

Given what ive seen,you have to give the guy massive credit,hes shook things up,given the kids a chance,its not great,I was pretty miffed after the barnsley game,but chuffed at the derby match,hes working under very trying circumstances and getting the best out of those he has to hand.

The brum game saw two horrendous mistakes that stuck us up against it,he countered that with a very assured team performance against a derby side in good form,hes doing ok by me,you cant judge this manager untill he has a full squad

6 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Literally haven’t see one post seriously calling for Jos to go

People have rightly been questioning his decision to play Fox and Palmer when far better options are clearly available 

7 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

I’ve not seen anybody want Jos out, all I’ve seen is rightful admiration for the job he’s doing. Is there some sort of subforum I’m not seeing here? 

I take it that you have "Rocket Owl" on 'ignore' then.:wacko:

• Haha 4

He can clearly organise a team bar individual errors against Birmingham we have looked solid. He seems to have no favourites, you will have to perform to stay in the team and it has revitalised a few players pudil is like a new signing and may be earning himself a new contract. The young lads have a route to the first team which can only benefit the club 

ofcourse the acid test will be when the star players return I can see FF and bannan thriving in this team and if they do hooper would also but I hope jaoa in particular will be kept involved.all in all I'm very happy get some players back keep the fitness and spirit improving and as long as we aren't completely screwed with FFP and I think we'll be up there next season 

4 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

He can clearly organise a team bar individual errors against Birmingham we have looked solid. He seems to have no favourites, you will have to perform to stay in the team and it has revitalised a few players pudil is like a new signing and may be earning himself a new contract. The young lads have a route to the first team which can only benefit the club 

ofcourse the acid test will be when the star players return I can see FF and bannan thriving in this team and if they do hooper would also but I hope jaoa in particular will be kept involved.all in all I'm very happy get some players back keep the fitness and spirit improving and as long as we aren't completely screwed with FFP and I think we'll be up there next season 

Great Post. 

Although it may be a bit early to fully judge  DC or whoever advised him should be congratulated on a really good appointment. 

No drama, no fuss just someone who is good at his job. 

What is all this nonsense about "no attacking threat" and "defensive football"?

We have had more shots on goal per game with Jos' threadbare squad than we got with Carlos during the dire beginning of the season when he had just about everyone "fit"?

We had exactly the same number of attempts on goal as our Premier League opponents yesterday and could have won that game with a bit more luck. 

The grasp of reality for some on here is non existent. 

15 hours ago, paulrs said:

No point even referencing those who talked about sacking Jos. Utterly ridiculous and not worth any further air time. 

1 loss in 9 and 6 clean sheets. achieved amongst the worst injury crisis in memory and against some tough opposition. Huge credit. 

If we could identify them we could tar and feather them and strap them to lamp posts outside the ground.

WTF:

• Like 1

Had my doubts and a few head scratches when we announced him. Saw our upcoming games and thought it would be a miracle if he got something out of them.

And somehow he did and I think its fair to say surprised quite a few of us.

Whilst I don't think he's the kind of manager to quickfire us up to promotion, I think he could be a manager worth backing in the long run and given a chance to build his team under his vision. Rome wasn't built in a day after all and if we can build some consistency next season, who knows where we will end up.

6 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Had my doubts and a few head scratches when we announced him. Saw our upcoming games and thought it would be a miracle if he got something out of them.

And somehow he did and I think its fair to say surprised quite a few of us.

Whilst I don't think he's the kind of manager to quickfire us up to promotion, I think he could be a manager worth backing in the long run and given a chance to build his team under his vision. Rome wasn't built in a day after all and if we can build some consistency next season, who knows where we will end up.

Maybe not quickfire, but he has a proven record of getting teams promoted 

18 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

No one has have they?

They have unfortunately. After the Barnsley game there were numerous comments regarding getting rid of him.

Pathetic.

He's done really well with what's he's got, defence is organised, team spirit is back and going forward there us more urgency.

Well done Jos.

14 first team players out ? Seems to increase weekly , Jos has made us hard to beat which has to be the first priority . I was a bit disappointed with the formation against Swansea . Think we are in good hands just need to pick up a few more League wins to keep us out of trouble . I wasn’t blown away with him at first but as I say we are in good hands that’s clear to see . Playing development players has to be applauded and full credit for that . Looking forward to having a crack at promotion next season . 

I feel like we have got 2 points more than I expected when he took over, as I thought we’d lose to the pigs and Boro. Thought we’d beat Brum and lose to derby but those points have equated out.  

So he’s doing a very good job so far, a draw against a prem side in form to add to the mix.

The next two games are difficult to call, realistically 2 points would be very good.

i reckon we need 12 more points to guarentee survival this season, and I’m not that fussed if they are all achieved through draws but hopefully we can win a game or two as well

He’s doing great. 

His organisational skills are probably his greatest asset. 

I remember Carlos saying that all he did every night was to go back to his pad to plan for the next game. Can only assume that this was interspersed with late nights on his X Box, and visiting Red Tube.

Jos looks far more organised, with far less resource to work with. It’s very telling that Carlos probably wasn’t doing as much in terms of preparation as he was claiming.

11 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

Good post but whether we’ll be up there next season largely depends on keeping the likes of FF, bannan and Hooper, and I fear we’ll lose at least one of them