1 Defeat in 9 Games For Jos

A few on here have been muttering they wanted Jos out already , There were some saying he had made a terrible team selection today . 

Well, 1 defeat in 9 games with 14 first team players injured says to me he is doing a fantastic job . 

The man knows what he is doing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

A few on here have been muttering they wanted Jos out already , There were some saying he had made a terrible team selection today . 

Well, 1 defeat in 9 games with 14 first team players injured says to me he is doing a fantastic job . 

No they haven't though have they.

We all know he's performing admirably after Carlos left him a clusterfuck.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

9 games? As much as that?

No point even referencing those who talked about sacking Jos. Utterly ridiculous and not worth any further air time. 

1 loss in 9 and 6 clean sheets. achieved amongst the worst injury crisis in memory and against some tough opposition. Huge credit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, paulrs said:

No point even referencing those who talked about sacking Jos. Utterly ridiculous and not worth any further air time. 

1 loss in 9 and 6 clean sheets. achieved amongst the worst injury crisis in memory and against some tough opposition. Huge credit. 

Agreed mate 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

^^^^

This.

The players we have available are fitter and more confident since he took over.

Some of the under 23's are getting first team chances under him.

All in all a vast improvement.

He's got us looking fit, solid and organised in a short space of time with no fuss at all.

The players seem to have a bit more aggression now than over the past couple of years, and the team spirit seems to have returned going by what the players are saying in the media, and their body language with each other during games.

Just need to start turning some more of these draws into wins and we're good.

4 minutes ago, paulrs said:

No one has have they?

Considering the utter shambles we were in when Carlos left, to keep six clean sheets out of nine games deserves high praise alone.

Add in to the fact, he's achieved it with a different back line in each game, and the reliance upon U23 and players who, previously were seemingly surplus to requirements is staggering. 

There's real encouragement to be taken from the fact, that if we continue this organised, resilient core with the likes of Hooper, Forestieri and Bannan to return, next season  might live up to expectations. 

Hat off to Luhukay...he's making a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

It would have been nice to see Joao play for 80 minutes rather than 10. 

We have to look at the cold truth of the situation, while Bannan and Hooper et al are out if Joao gets injured we're in big trouble, so resting him for the Millwall game may not have been the only concern today. Rhodes was sick by all accounts, for what its worth.

Disappointing front two, but they played well and I think we'll have a stronger team for the replay with players having more games under their belts and more players on the way back.

Swansea will not get stronger than what we saw today. A very poor Premier League team. 

Just now, s8owl75 said:

It would have been nice to see Joao play for 80 minutes rather than 10. 

We have to look at the cold truth of the situation, while Bannan and Hooper et al are out if Joao gets injured we're in big trouble, so resting him for the Millwall game may not have been the only concern today. Rhodes was sick by all accounts, for what its worth.

Disappointing front two, but they played well and I think we'll have a stronger team for the replay with players having more games under their belts and more players on the way back.

Swansea will not get stronger than what we saw today. A very poor Premier League team. 

Agree with this 

• Thanks 1

Just now, 1867_OWL said:

This is slightly more respectable media than the likes of Facebook etc...

My point is that its not really said on this forum so why bring it up.

Facebook and twitter is somat else, but if the poster is referring to them he/she should make it clear.

• Haha 1