1 Defeat in 9 Games For Jos

Absolutely, fair play!

However, let's see what people think to his defensive approach after a full summer and a fit squad. I, admittedly, doubted his selection today and hope he succeeds but I doubt it'll be a long term appointment. As long as he leaves a legacy of youth being played.

I was impressed at how he got us so organised in about 3 days before the Derby. I went to the Boro game and whilst we were very organised I thought that the lack of any attacking intent reflected badly on him second half and we’ve had a few games like that.

But with the addition of the likes of Clare to the side and getting Joao firing he is starting to get a bit more balance going forward. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do with more attacking players available.

4 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I was impressed at how he got us so organised in about 3 days before the Derby. I went to the Boro game and whilst we were very organised I thought that the lack of any attacking intent reflected badly on him second half and we’ve had a few games like that.

But with the addition of the likes of Clare to the side and getting Joao firing he is starting to get a bit more balance going forward. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do with more attacking players available.

6 clean sheets in 9 games is fantastic 

4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

People have rightly been questioning his decision to play Fox and Palmer when far better options are clearly available 

I don’t rate either of them.

But how many other options does he have at full back?

Under Luhukay 

Played 9

Won 3

Drawn 5

Lost 1

Goals for 9

Goals against 5

Clean sheets 6

Not bad considering the situation he inherited. 

Shored up defence

Changed a tired system 

Promotion of youth

Seems to be properly managing the recovery of the injured players 

Clearly practising different ideas for free kicks - never saw this under Carlos 

He keeps talking about needing to improve the offensive side of play so he is aware of it. A few games ago we couldn't even pass a ball other than to an opposition player. Last couple of games seem to have been a lot more fluid. Our pressing in the first half today was brilliant. Swansea didn't know what to do. Trouble was we were then knackered in the second half. 

17 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

We don’t play with full backs.

Reach

Boyd

Hunt

Id wager Clare would do ok there too

I wouldn’t play Reach anywhere other than his current position.

So that leaves who for the left wing back position?

Fox is playing because we are down to the bare bones.

Edited by NYCOWL

8 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

I wouldn’t play Reach anywhere other than his current position.

So that leaves who for the left wing back position?

Fox is playing because we are down to the bare bones.

Fox looks a lot more solid at centre back than he does full back or wing back. Even then he's back up at best. 

Just don't think he's got the ability or is a good enough athlete to get up and down the pitch to be a wing back. Same could be said for Palmer too. Hunt...time will tell, he's probably the one who could make a half decent wing back. 

Still - it's a position we must strengthen in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Still - it's a position we must strengthen in the summer. 

I thought that last summer. For the first two years we spent an absolute fortune on attacking players and almost nothing on defence... then increasingly played in a manner that was completely backwards to what you'd expect from that kind of recruitment 'strategy'.