1 Defeat in 9 Games For Jos

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

14 first team players out ? Seems to increase weekly , Jos has made us hard to beat which has to be the first priority . I was a bit disappointed with the formation against Swansea . Think we are in good hands just need to pick up a few more League wins to keep us out of trouble . I wasn’t blown away with him at first but as I say we are in good hands that’s clear to see . Playing development players has to be applauded and full credit for that . Looking forward to having a crack at promotion next season . 

I'm not sure that he's got much choice given your first couple of sentences.

6 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Start by new manager has been solid if unspectacular.

This. I’m hopeful but it’s early doors. Irvine inherited a shambles too and won five of his first nine league games. That worked out well.

He’s steadied us and his track record shows he might be able to take us on from there but best not get too giddy just yet.

lol

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

This. I’m hopeful but it’s early doors. Irvine inherited a shambles too and won five of his first nine league games. That worked out well.

He’s steadied us and his track record shows he might be able to take us on from there but best not get too giddy just yet.

lol

Like you say , early days, but for me ,he has worked wonders with what he has had at his disposal so far . 

5 hours ago, roaminowl said:

I'm not sure that he's got much choice given your first couple of sentences.

Well Carlos was in a similar situation wasn’t he . I am questioning someone who stated we have 14 players out , I thought it was 8/9 , it’s a good job Carlos developed a big squad isn’t it , it’s keeping us afloat for all his deficiencies and the state he left us in . 

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

The jury is out, he’s done OK, but we’re still only 15th in the Championship 

I think that’s a harsh way of looking at it.

he inherited a confidence shot team, with 10-15 first team players missing. And it was on a serious slide down, with poor defeats at home to burton etc

Yet he’s come in and stabilised the team, stopped the decline and got us wins against a team who were playing for second in the table, and draws against 3 playoff chasing sides 

When Chris hughton took over Brighton in a January, his first 9 games was 3 wins, 2 draws and 4 defeats. Jos has got 3 wins, 5 draws and 1 defeat, with a decimated squad. I compare to Hughton as I think most fans would say he’s a top manager. ours seems to be doing better so far, in comparison

Edited by Southie_Owl

There is something enjoyable and 'down to earth' about getting behind this rag tag team we have.

Supporting squad players and kids seems really important, and it's different to watching the likes of Forestieri, Hooper and Fletcher with the expectations that come with it. 

I loved hearing the gathering shouts about 'getting Joao on ' , and the roar of anticipation when he got the ball. This is our 6th choice striker, but he's giving it what he can and the fans know their support can make a difference. 

Just loving the underdog stuff , with Jos at the helm , learning the league with each game.

3 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

There is something enjoyable and 'down to earth' about getting behind this rag tag team we have.

Supporting squad players and kids seems really important, and it's different to watching the likes of Forestieri, Hooper and Fletcher with the expectations that come with it. 

I loved hearing the gathering shouts about 'getting Joao on ' , and the roar of anticipation when he got the ball. This is our 6th choice striker, but he's giving it what he can and the fans know their support can make a difference. 

Just loving the underdog stuff , with Jos at the helm , learning the league with each game.

And therein lies the problem...

Too many people are afraid for us to be good.

Cant handle the expectations.

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

And therein lies the problem...

Too many people are afraid for us to be good.

Cant handle the expectations.

Nope, just being realistic.

I'm not one of those arrogant, entitled fans that thinks we deserve to be in the play offs no matter what. Football doesnt work like that.

The players we have available at the moment are doing what they can. I've enjoyed seeing Clare, Thorniley , Neilson etc making their debuts. 

25 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Nope, just being realistic.

I'm not one of those arrogant, entitled fans that thinks we deserve to be in the play offs no matter what. Football doesnt work like that.

The players we have available at the moment are doing what they can. I've enjoyed seeing Clare, Thorniley , Neilson etc making their debuts. 

Im not talking about entitlement.

I’m talking about that fact it’s sooo much easier to be the underdog and it seems to have become symptomatic of our club that - after years of being throw - we can’t handle the heat in the kitchen.

Look at Wolves, Newcastle, Brighton - massive expectations, massive pressure. They showed a winning mentality, a growth mindset.

As soon as we have expectation EVERYONE implodes. Players and fans. We just can’t handle the pressure.

Youre right - it’s nice to see those guys coming through. At least we’ll have something to console ourselves with whilst we bounce around the mid to lower end of the championship 

Edited by McRightSide

13 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

I think that’s a harsh way of looking at it.

he inherited a confidence shot team, with 10-15 first team players missing. And it was on a serious slide down, with poor defeats at home to burton etc

Yet he’s come in and stabilised the team, stopped the decline and got us wins against a team who were playing for second in the table, and draws against 3 playoff chasing sides 

When Chris hughton took over Brighton in a January, his first 9 games was 3 wins, 2 draws and 4 defeats. Jos has got 3 wins, 5 draws and 1 defeat, with a decimated squad. I compare to Hughton as I think most fans would say he’s a top manager. ours seems to be doing better so far, in comparison

Good post, people saying we are still only 15th sound a bit like the guys on soccer Saturday or MOTD with all their knowledge of the championship and what we’re going through

I believe Hughton led Brighton to 20th in that first season (5 months) in charge? For me every win or draw we get is another step towards being safe this season. I’d also go as far as to say that had we been a playoff side with the 6 league fixtures Jos had to face so far, we would have predicted/accepted a 7 point return, as they were not easy at all