#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

it's not so much the quality of players we signed more the quantity......we have signed players that wernt imo needed or fitted into how the side was setup  , factor in a lot of them have been given contracts that at there age are going to be difficult to shift out and are more or less unsellable makes me say the policy adopted by the club is flawed .

Totally agree. My view is we will till the end of the window and see what shape the squad is in before bringing in one or two loans. It's going to be a season of suck it and see but at least at the end of it we can lose one or two that are holding us back financially.

12 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Is this news worthy?!?! 

Att Chansiri just followed that big Manchester City defender and Phil Foden. They're not first team names, they're not mega stars.....yet Att has an interest in them....should we?

20180722_140738.jpg

Screenshot_20180722-141604_Instagram.jpg

Phil foden was around the first team last season & played in the champions league.

he’ll more than likely be in England’s Euro squad.

if he went anywhere on loan I’d expect it to be in the premiership 

Edited by richowl

1 minute ago, richowl said:

Phil foden was around the first team last season & played in the champions league.

if he went anywhere in loan I’d expect it to be in the premiership 

Wouldn’t be sure about that, he will go somewhere that guarantees him games ... is he upto prem standard yet ? 

16 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Is this news worthy?!?! 

Att Chansiri just followed that big Manchester City defender and Phil Foden. They're not first team names, they're not mega stars.....yet Att has an interest in them....should we?

20180722_140738.jpg

Screenshot_20180722-141604_Instagram.jpg

Got to give you credit for that mate, great find. Who knows if it means anything but we can dream!!

I keep reading posts suggesting we should offload players like Fox, Jones, Palmer etc

People need to realise if we are under an embargo, we shouldn't be getting rid of players we might need, because we won't be allowed to replace them

Last season should serve as a warning to what injuries can do to a squad

We had 15 players out at one point, we may need Fox, Jones, at some point

Unless Jos thinks we have adequate cover in the development squad, I'd keep them

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

6 minutes ago, richowl said:

if he went anywhere on loan I’d expect it to be in the premiership 

2 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Got to give you credit for that mate, great find. Who knows if it means anything but we can dream!!

Agreed, we can hope he followed him for a reason. I wouldn't have shown any interest, if Att followed Neymar, Ronaldo or Pogba....but Foden has like 2 starts for Man City and they've just signed Mahrez.

Scouting Report No 201.3

I watched Wayne Rooney's MLS debut last weekend. (I know this is very sad) 

Anyway, the above is nothing to brag about, but along with Rooney's substitute appearance, Ian Harkes came on and had a bigger impact going forward than the rethatched ex England legend. 

Sign him up Mr C

:Chansiri:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Harkes

46 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Thank you so much for the "compliment",now if you could be so bold as to tell me what i should be worried about,i'll see if i've got time to give a f--k !

How about the blunts breaking their transfer record and us in the hunt for Peterborough reserves?

How about going in Endcliffe Park today and seeing lots of the new horrendous blunts shirts and not one of ours?

Just now, Geoffrey said:

How about the blunts breaking their transfer record and us in the hunt for Peterborough reserves?

How about going in Endcliffe Park today and seeing lots of the new horrendous blunts shirts and not one of ours?

Who cares (other than blavdes fans) about transfer records being broken,they've spent diddly squat for years,they had no choice but to spend real cash ?

That "hunt" for a peterborough reserve,is as far as i can see an inquiry,not a firm offer,you wanna get all wet knickered about it,carry on.

There's lots of new blavdes shirts about..................................well sh-t,what are we gunna do,whinge and moan about it..............................oooh hang on.

7 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

How about talking about Sheff Utd on a forum that cares ???