#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I suppose he’s already told us Keep paying the higher prices, and he will continue with the same level of investment

For me anyway, reducing the size of the squad makes sense, for several reasons 

However, I don’t expect us to start selling the likes of Forestieri, Joao, Bannan etc 

Were that to happen, public opinion might change towards Mr C

I agree 100 % about size of the squad .

3 minutes ago, Walt said:

Jos has been allowed to sign one player for (very) roughly £500,000 during his time here. It’s a pretty shitty hand he’s been dealt tbf, he inherited a bloated squad with injury concerns which was flirting with a relegation battle. We are now told the squad needs a cull, a squad that is already lacking key components in certain areas. 

If you’re looking from the outside you’d be saying that looks more like a survival battle than one geared towards a promotion push...but it’s the hope that kills you and with a fit squad we are more than capable of a mid table finish, if Jos has the scope to bring in a couple of new players then who knows? Another injury hit campaign and we could be in for a rough ride. 

Only a shitty hand if he was promised something else. I’m pretty sure he’ll have been well aware of the situation when he signed his contract.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Only a shitty hand if he was promised something else. I’m pretty sure he’ll have been well aware of the situation when he signed his contract.

I did wonder whether he was given the full picture when he signed, either way for me it’s still a shitty hand even if he was aware of the actual reality. He’s done remarkably well imo given the resources available to him.

5 minutes ago, Walt said:

I did wonder whether he was given the full picture when he signed, either way for me it’s still a shitty hand even if he was aware of the actual reality. He’s done remarkably well imo given the resources available to him.

I can't see any reputable coach/manager taking on a job without doing his homework on the club first so I'm pretty sure he would have known what he was taking on.

Guest Arcadianrocket

If we don't sign anyone it's not the end of the world. The injured players are like new signings.

Would be lovely to get rid of some of the deadwood such as Jones, Abdi even Fox.

I do think we are in desperate need of another CB.

39 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

That's what I mean ,An update let us know something ,Embargo Forest had it .Derby had to sell Will Hughes to avoid it .We are kept in the dark .Pay your money and turn up keep quite .

Have you been too any of the fans meetings? It’s been spoken about and explain extensively. 

2 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Since the arrival of DC though what percentage of signings would you say have improved the squad? I can see both sides of the argument to be fair.

it's not so much the quality of players we signed more the quantity......we have signed players that wernt imo needed or fitted into how the side was setup  , factor in a lot of them have been given contracts that at there age are going to be difficult to shift out and are more or less unsellable makes me say the policy adopted by the club is flawed .

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Unless we’ve changed our minds, we will be signing players, but those will probably loans Jos has already suggested we will be looking at Premier League youngsters 

Well, I’m happy with that. 

What it does mean though, that theres probably nothing in these Baldwin, Hugill rumours, who don’t fall into that category

Peterborough chairman confirmed we had bid for Baldwin 

22 minutes ago, Arcadianrocket said:

If we don't sign anyone it's not the end of the world. The injured players are like new signings.

Would be lovely to get rid of some of the deadwood such as Jones, Abdi even Fox.

I do think we are in desperate need of another CB.

Our chronically injured players aren't likely to be fully fit, for the entirety of the season 

No matter how few pre season games we play :luhukay:

40 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

We're linked with a player who managed 6 appearances in League One last year. Is nobody else worried?

No, not at all. Really looking forward to the new season.

mumble mumble Hirst Clare mumble mumble