Question to the South Standers

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

No no  it's not that they shrink it's just that people from the historical times were much much smaller

You only have to look at the front doors of the plague village of Eyam to see that

I'm not driving to Eyam just for that

4 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

The Kop was the place to be. 

No swirly whirly snow in our faces. 

Not the first 20 rows at the front mate...pointless having a roof when the winds from the West....Loads moved to the back....

Tell you whats funny though...A couple of blokes came in just after Kick off...walked along a totally empty row of seats..lookin' at the numbers..sat down, then one looked at his ticket, showed it his mate and they swapped seats!!..I was f.ookin' helpless..

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

It’s not great if youre 6ft plus. Think there’s less leg room than the Kop! 

Im supposing the logic is the South has mainly older people and everyone knows you start to shrink as you get on. 

Definitely less room than on the kop, I can't fit in those seats either hence the reason we stand up the full game.

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

It’s not great if youre 6ft plus. Think there’s less leg room than the Kop! 

Im supposing the logic is the South has mainly older people and everyone knows you start to shrink as you get on. 

Image result for pensioner with tartan blanket

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

No no  it's not that they shrink it's just that people from the historical times were much much smaller

You only have to look at the front doors of the plague village of Eyam to see that

i believe i saw a programme once that stated until fairly recently airlines passenger (average) weight calculations for male passengers in the USA as same as they were after WW2, 13.5 stones, YES the average american male was judged to weigh 13 and a half stones, it's wonder some of them got off the ground.

5 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

I went in the South Stand last night. The heffing and jeffing was unbelievable from the bloke behind me.

I'm going to write a strongly worded letter to Grenoside Parish Magazine asking if these potty mouthed proles can wee wee off back to the Kop where they belong.

I sit in South regularly, and there's one chap behind me who has a large, loud, filthy voice like this. I am unable to turn and spot him, and although reporting this to a Steward, we have been unable to identify him.  He'becomes a f**king, b***rarding, bloody nuisance that we have to bear.

21 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

I sit in South regularly, and there's one chap behind me who has a large, loud, filthy voice like this. I am unable to turn and spot him, and although reporting this to a Steward, we have been unable to identify him.  He'becomes a f**king, b***rarding, bloody nuisance that we have to bear.

That's me. you moaning old sod, We do it to make sure you lot are still alive under those blankets

:goalie:

Nothing's changed. All the big guys went on the Kop. I was not so big but always got stuck behind someone who was. Now retired to the South and can see the match until the stewards blow the whistle on 80 minutes for us all to leave.

9 hours ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Folk make light of legroom but it genuinely puts me off going unless I can get a seat on row T in the south (I think it’s that one anyway) which seems to be the only aisle in the south built for 6ft7 giants like myself.

its either that or risking DVT in the rest of the ground.  Behind the dug-out is ridiculous!  Sardines come to mind

Get thi sen up ta Grandstand, plenty a room

I take LittleMissAussie and for the sake of everyone else I sit back row Grandstand. Means her restless self doesn't end up getting in anyone else's way. Anyway. Point is because she ends up on my knee, there's an empty seat next to me. Legs go in a diagonal in front of the empty seat.

*note I am not offering my daughter as a method of gaining extra leg room.

**additional note my legroom is hampered by other people's tartan blankets and flasks.

***further note I own neither a tartan blanket or a flask.