Question to the South Standers

Just now, Owling Wolfe said:

But apparently you miss the last 15 minutes due to the early departers stopping to see an attack lol

Yes that's most definitely true

People turning up late, leaving early at half time for a pint, coming back late in the second half and then an endless stream of people leaving early to get the bus home is annoying

But the biggest culprit of stopping people seeing anything last night was Jos who stood at the edge of his technical area last night all game blocking the view of the goal

lol

Owlstalk Shop

It’s not great if youre 6ft plus. Think there’s less leg room than the Kop! 

Im supposing the logic is the South has mainly older people and everyone knows you start to shrink as you get on. 

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

It’s not great if youre 6ft plus. Think there’s less leg room than the Kop! 

Im supposing the logic is the South has mainly older people and everyone knows you start to shrink as you get on. 

No no  it's not that they shrink it's just that people from the historical times were much much smaller

You only have to look at the front doors of the plague village of Eyam to see that

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

No no  it's not that they shrink it's just that people from the historical times were much much smaller

You only have to look at the front doors of the plague village of Eyam to see that

Maybe in 1665 but some tall lads live there now lol

6 minutes ago, zico.b said:

Is everything labeled as 'nice' on the kiosks?

You know how the short crinklies like to refer to things that way. 'Oo, I fancy a nice cup of tea with a nice piece of cake.' That sort of thing.

Yes, and on the back of the seats there's video monitors showing re-runs of "countdown".

Folk make light of legroom but it genuinely puts me off going unless I can get a seat on row T in the south (I think it’s that one anyway) which seems to be the only aisle in the south built for 6ft7 giants like myself.

its either that or risking DVT in the rest of the ground.  Behind the dug-out is ridiculous!  Sardines come to mind

As a regular South Stander, I have to agree that leg room is insufficient. However, we are having to live with the results of the past ages. When the stand was made all-seater, the demand for tickets was different, and it was designed for a row of seats per step. Unfortunately, too many rows were designed into it. It's rather like travelling on easyjet compared with Emirates. Still, we have got used to it. The main problem has been spotted by both Owling and Owlstalk - thoes people who arrive late in their seats, leave after 40mins to get a extra pint in, arrive back late after the start of the second half, and leave ,or part leave, before the end, and, as at the theatres, they're invariably in the centre of the row -Sod's law.

The South stand is designed for the people who leave plenty of time to arrive at the ground, use the facilities, and get into their seats in plenty of time.,. They hen stay the full match, not leave halfway through the second half. Fact of life.   

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah.

Those of us from nearby tend to avoid the plague village. 

They’ve been milking that one for centuries. 

7 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

As a regular South Stander, I have to agree that leg room is insufficient. However, we are having to live with the results of the past ages. When the stand was made all-seater, the demand for tickets was different, and it was designed for a row of seats per step. Unfortunately, too many rows were designed into it. It's rather like travelling on easyjet compared with Emirates. Still, we have got used to it. The main problem has been spotted by both Owling and Owlstalk - thoes people who arrive late in their seats, leave after 40mins to get a extra pint in, arrive back late after the start of the second half, and leave ,or part leave, before the end, and, as at the theatres, they're invariably in the centre of the row -Sod's law.

The South stand is designed for the people who leave plenty of time to arrive at the ground, use the facilities, and get into their seats in plenty of time.,. They hen stay the full match, not leave halfway through the second half. Fact of life.   

This is exactly the case and it’s always the same people - thought they had special 80 minute season tickets at first.  

• Thanks 1