Question to the South Standers

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

It’s not great if youre 6ft plus. Think there’s less leg room than the Kop! 

Im supposing the logic is the South has mainly older people and everyone knows you start to shrink as you get on. 

That's what our Lass reckons lol

52 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

As a regular South Stander, I have to agree that leg room is insufficient. However, we are having to live with the results of the past ages. When the stand was made all-seater, the demand for tickets was different, and it was designed for a row of seats per step. Unfortunately, too many rows were designed into it. It's rather like travelling on easyjet compared with Emirates. Still, we have got used to it. The main problem has been spotted by both Owling and Owlstalk - thoes people who arrive late in their seats, leave after 40mins to get a extra pint in, arrive back late after the start of the second half, and leave ,or part leave, before the end, and, as at the theatres, they're invariably in the centre of the row -Sod's law.

The South stand is designed for the people who leave plenty of time to arrive at the ground, use the facilities, and get into their seats in plenty of time.,. They hen stay the full match, not leave halfway through the second half. Fact of life.   

What gets me are the people who go to get their drinks etc five minutes before half time the when the whistle blows they are trying to come back up the stairs to their seats while everyone else is now trying to get down.  I bet they're hurrying back as they can't wait to sit and watch the sprinklers watering the pitch.

Went on the South last night for first time in ages. Bang on centre line just behind directors box, Seats seemed very close together, not much legroom. View was great, apart from there appeared to be a public footpath directly behind the directors box. For me North wins everytime.

South stand was awful last night. All these outsiders sat around us trying to sing and stuff. Also I have never seen a queue for the bogs like the one at half time. 

We we must have lost out from a lot of revenue with people unable to get anywhere near the food and drink outlets. 

Leg room is fine you bunch of fat long legged monsters!!! 

8 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

South stand was awful last night. All these outsiders sat around us trying to sing and stuff. Also I have never seen a queue for the bogs like the one at half time. 

We we must have lost out from a lot of revenue with people unable to get anywhere near the food and drink outlets. 

Less of the long legged.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

But the biggest culprit of stopping people seeing anything last night was Jos who stood at the edge of his technical area last night all game blocking the view of the goal

lol

It can sometimes get a bit crowded around that technical area lol

20160910_153853a.jpg

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

The Kop was the place to be. 

No swirly whirly snow in our faces. 

Try sitting on row 17....missed last 5 minutes...I was there, but couldn't see owt.

p.s. way more leg room than the South and on our usually packed row its rare that anyone leaves early or comes in late (obviously better manners on't Kop)  

53 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Shurrup shortarse lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

How the hell do you fit in them tight spaces. Yes the view from the back pf the directors box was fabulous but the seats in front are far too close. 

Once you've been sitting in that stand long enough, you eventually just end up with grooves in your knees so you slot right in! Painful when we score though!

• Haha 1

Hate it when we shut the North.

Can't stand the Kop due to the brass band and thinking a shot has gone inches past the post when it's hit the corner flag when attacking the West stand end.

South is alright if you don't mind not feeling your legs for 90 minutes due to the fact they are inside the back of the person sat in front of you.

4 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

But apparently you miss the last 15 minutes due to the early departers stopping to see an attack lol

We usually sit grandstand very back row. Last night we were front row south stand and yes had to tell one or two to f off and shift because we couldn't see.