MESSAGE FROM THE SWFC CHAIRMAN (and he's not happy)

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

I think he means: "If all the fans see me as is a person who puts money into the club and nothing more then fine, I will do just that and run things exactly like a business".

This is EXACTLY what Allen and Co., did - they ran everything according to profit and loss and cut expenditure back to the bare minimum. The effects of that have affected the club for a generation.

What on earth does he think we will be able to achieve this season? What will it take for him to realise Carvalhal isnt going to get us promoted? Does he think he is playing a virtual reality game of Football Manager? We really do seem to got ourselves a control freak. Wait until the red home shirts come out for next season.

It is the same for all my staff who I will always defend as the leader of our club. It does not matter who it is, if anyone says anything bad or tries to damage it is my duty to protect.

We have heard this very same statement before and it ended up in high court and all over every newspaper in the land, and is now being taught in law schools all over the world.

Owlstalk Shop

Bizarre, rambling statement from our Chairman!

Make the decision to sack Carlos, bring in a new Manager and get some wheeling and dealing done in January. Incomings and outgoings and freshen this Club up. 

This is what needs to happen. We don’t need “150” lights on the side of the Kop, we need proper leadership from a Chairman of a football club.

Man up and sort it out Chansiri!

If the chairman is serious about being "the head of the family" then he's going to need to start acting like it.

Being in charge isn't a popularity contest, sometimes you have to make difficult decisions and you are never going to please everyone.

I'd say it isn't wise for the head of the family to go on a rant and blame everything on the kids.

Edited by Cosby Blunkett

2 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

If the chairman is serious about being "the head of the family" then he's going to need to start acting like it.

Being in charge isn't a popularity contest, sometimes have to make difficult decisions and you are never going to please everyone.

I'd say it isn't wise for the head of the family to go on a rant and blame everything on the kids.

Very bizarre behaviour.

So things are not going the way he's hoped, so instead of rolling his sleeves up and getting back to square one (which is what we need) he's decided to respond with petulant whinging, vague threats and a stubborn unwillingness to admit that anything is wrong at the club.

Well I feel totally reassured.

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What do you think this means?

He is a proud man and his pride has been hurt. I agree with most of what he says , but he will be different now going forward. He needs to address the Carlos issue , how will he do this ? Not happy times.