MESSAGE FROM THE SWFC CHAIRMAN (and he's not happy)

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What do you think this means?

I think its dc admitting that he's now in it for the money. He wants that epl money or profit on what he's invested. 

The only way he will see a return if the clubs in the epl imho. 

Ps am I really going to have to come out of retirement for black balloons. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Had DC never watched a game of football before buying a club?

Yes - abuse is wrong but a full on statement full of repeats, banging on about how we are all human and make mistakes is a bit staggering.

How human was he and his team before deciding on the pricing structure for tickets?

This is going to get ugly.

I actually feel sick reading this statement. I feel extremely embarrassed by the whole thing. It's like a badly timed Donald Trump rant, does anyone at our club advise him on things like this ? Does anyone proof read for basic grammar and spelling mistakes for god sake. I feel like us all we are on a bit of a road to no where now. We have come so far night and day from our dark days but someone has got to be honest and say I guaranteed carlos this season or we can't afford to let him go etc....if only the players could show grit and passion it wouldn't matter to me if we lost most than we won as they have given it all but they all look lost uncomfortable and with wallaces response a lack of respect. Feeling completely lost now as a loyal fan of 35 years.

3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

No self belief yes, but no team including Hutch can be accused of no passion.

He hasn't played for weeks, give it time. Carlos will soon knock it out of him sadly. He was by far our best player I'll give you that. But I still stand by my post that we lacked anything yesterday.

What strikes me most in all of fhis fiasco is that he seems to be beyond reproach. He talks about accepting responsibility and how he loves the club.

If both of those statements are true, then he would act accordingly.

Despite his love and generosity, the fan base that was here before he came will be here when he's gone. 

An ill conceived statement, proves how naive he is.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

23 minutes ago, Bez said:

You moaners are about to get what you really want. 

Bo investment, a carousel of new managers, lack of investment etc etc. 

Idiots 

This. Said it exactly. Maybe its time for the silent majority to take back the forum and introduce a more reasonable tone. Thats why instead of lurking I am posting.   Its very clear.     The message is simple.                                                                                                                                                                                                                I rarely see my club live, watch on satelite and ifollow.. Catch the game when I am home. But I am part of the Wednesday family. It dismays me that people boast of not going and insult the staff. I even read posts abusing the surgeons who operate on players. I  know for a fact  one of them is the best in the world and sports people and athletes fly in from all over the world to be treated. We are lucky to have an honourable and decent man for a chairman.The guy has put his heart and soul in the club. He will walk away from the club if the level of abuse from 'fans' keeps on. When he walks away, assets will be sold, best players moved on. And we will cease all aspirations to the big time. Clubs like ours need support over and above just being a business. He has poured millions into the club. We aren't where he and us wanted to be, but there is no excuse for the levels of personal abuse of him and the manager. The message is clear. Its very clear unless you see it as a green light for more abuse.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

To be fair not sacking CC doesn't justify vile abuse towards him and his family. Regardless.

DC has more to lose than us, fortunes if he's unsuccessful. 

I even saw saw some of our fans tweeting things such as 'die CC' yesterday, which is truly shameful.

If our owner pulls the plug, WHICH HE CAN AT ANY TIME, then we would undergo stripping back to cost, selling players and waiting ages to find a buyer, who lets be honest would want to invest? How long did it take to get someone who'd properly invest in the first place?

If CC goes now it won't fix everything overnight, it may be a start I accept that. 

But if DC pulls the plug, then we really are in trouble. That doesn't mean we should accept everything, but need to bare in mind that when it comes to abuse directly at people. 

Absolutely correct. Mr C deserves respect and gratitude. Some people have very short memories. I want Carlos to go, the fact that Mr C doesn't is a difference of opinion, nothing more. Fans turning on the Coach (in a respectful way) I can understand, but turning on a man who has pumped millions into the club is not on. He might not be doing what the masses want but he has tried.

Edited by doubleo
  • Like 1

Mr Chansiri openly admits to not knowing a lot about running a football club. Well ex players are saying it's not right, supporters are restless, your manager/ head coach is not getting his players to perform. Look what your opposite number yesterday did in a simular situation. Action NOW!

I've heard it said get it right off the pitch and things will right themselves on it and vice versa. Well, I like many can only comment on what I see on it, and right now there's serious issues that need addressing on it that stem from the manager. Those players are not as bad as we're seeing.

We're all assuming that DC doesn't want rid of CC here.  But what if it's a purely business decision?  What if he feels he can't get rid until a replacement is ready?  Would you sack your store manager and not replace them and expect things to magically improve in the mean time?

• Like 1

Just not bothered...