MESSAGE FROM THE SWFC CHAIRMAN (and he's not happy)

Just now, mattitheowl said:

We're all assuming that DC doesn't want rid of CC here.  But what if it's a purely business decision?  What if he feels he can't get rid until a replacement is ready?  Would you sack your store manager and not replace them and expect things to magically improve in the mean time?

Then he should avoid rambling midnight rants at the fans.

Lets not kid ourselves, a caretaker manager ala Bullen could not do worse than Carlos is, so sorry no, that argument doesn't wash.

8 minutes ago, owls_wawaw said:

I actually feel sick reading this statement. I feel extremely embarrassed by the whole thing. It's like a badly timed Donald Trump rant, does anyone at our club advise him on things like this ? Does anyone proof read for basic grammar and spelling mistakes for god sake. I feel like us all we are on a bit of a road to no where now. We have come so far night and day from our dark days but someone has got to be honest and say I guaranteed carlos this season or we can't afford to let him go etc....if only the players could show grit and passion it wouldn't matter to me if we lost most than we won as they have given it all but they all look lost uncomfortable and with wallaces response a lack of respect. Feeling completely lost now as a loyal fan of 35 years.

Spot on, apart from the comment about road to nowhere. Considering our form, squad and team morale, I believe we're s good bet for relegation.

Is he telling us that our years of loyalty count for nothing ?

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Lets not kid ourselves, a caretaker manager ala Bullen could not do worse than Carlos is, so sorry no, that argument doesn't wash.

Literally, I'd take the f*cking tea lady at this point.

No-one could do any worse than Carlos at this point.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Ahhhh the old "can't be any worse argument.  So when Carlos goes and all the coaches and medical staff, then Bullen is going to do it all is he?

Just not bothered...

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I don’t need to check

I have it permanently etched into my memory along with everyone else the club tried to sue  

Find us a link then and we’ll have a look. I can’t go and find something that I don’t think exists can I. 

Strong words from you - you normally preach backing things up (in the Hirst threads).

1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

Ahhhh the old "can't be any worse argument.  So when Carlos goes and all the coaches and medical staff, then Bullen is going to do it all is he?

Are you really still defending Carlos ?

He's failed. Accept it. He has to go immediately.

Let him go gracefully without any more humiliation.

My friends who support other clubs been telling me manager has to be sacked, I've said yes it needs to happen, everything has turned negative, Carlos style of play has been found out. The way Chansiri sacked Gray I was very much expecting Carlos to go.

However the last month and now reading this statement, it's not going to happen, he will be here until next season. 

I do appreciate what Chansiri has done with the club and money he has spent but he needs a football advisor such as Mandaric. Just give him a call and ask for advice. 

Mr Chairman , Your statement repeats the word family over and over again. Yes we at S6 are a big family but it doesn’t mean some rich uncle can waltz in after 150 years and start flashing his cash around saying it’s my family now and we do things my way or else. Have a word with our uncle Milan .  He knows how to treat family members with respect !!!!!

• Like 1

Just now, Sonny said:

Find us a link then and we’ll have a look. I can’t go and find something that I don’t think exists can I. 

Strong words from you - you normally preach backing things up (in the Hirst threads).

Fair 

will try and find it now

am on the supertram on my iPhone so don’t have my laptop to hand as usual which makes it easier 

Owlstalk Shop

that statement is very worrying ,I quoted on here saying I thought things would start turning nasty regarding chansiri and support , he as good as says he be off back home ,we nearly went to wall 5 years ago unless this man does the right thing

1 sacking carlos now

2 gets a good manager in now who can sell bannan hooper etc ( yes I know there our better players but we have got to raise some funds somewhere to change playing squad  and I cant thing anyone else we have at min what we wouldn't have to pay to leave due to huge wages there on etc)

3 chansiri needs to sell our club  after that statement ,clearly he is not interested in listening to our fans or doing the right thing . he needs to understand that football is not a family ,players earning upto 50k a week doing nowt aint doing owt for this family .

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Are you really still defending Carlos ?

He's failed. Accept it. He has to go immediately.

Let him go gracefully without any more humiliation.

No I think his time has come.  But if we don't have a replacement lined up who's training the team and picking it and treating it and and and the multitude of things that need to happen to see us turn out on a Saturday. Glib statements like "the tea lady could do a better job" help nobody.

Have some respect to for the guy who took us back to Wembley, who took us to 4th in the league.  We're not playing well but we're not getting hammered either (and that's no defence).  But it certainly could be a lot worse.  I've seen us beaten 8-0 for goodness sake.

Just not bothered...

My heart sank reading that statement.  Its part delusional and part veiled threat....but shows a basic failure to understand anything about English football fans.  If I were a player or manager, or just a member of staff I would be looking for the door.  There may be trouble ahead.

1 minute ago, Tyto Alba said:

My heart sank reading that statement.  Its part delusional and part veiled threat....but shows a basic failure to understand anything about English football fans.  If I were a player or manager, or just a member of staff I would be looking for the door.  There may be trouble ahead.

January transfer window coming up too

I can see players looking for the exit too

Owlstalk Shop