MESSAGE FROM THE SWFC CHAIRMAN (and he's not happy)

Just now, Teflon Don said:

If you are not happy he will refund your season ticket as you have requested it.

Be interesting to see who takes this offer up. 

For me this should be standard stuff and refunds offered pro-rata every season as an ongoing standard thing anyway

If fans want refunds they should go get em

I don't think many would have wanted to in reality

That is until they read this chairman statement which I think will have damaged chairman/fan relations permanently now

Owlstalk Shop

To be fair not sacking CC doesn't justify vile abuse towards him and his family. Regardless.

DC has more to lose than us, fortunes if he's unsuccessful. 

I even saw saw some of our fans tweeting things such as 'die CC' yesterday, which is truly shameful.

If our owner pulls the plug, WHICH HE CAN AT ANY TIME, then we would undergo stripping back to cost, selling players and waiting ages to find a buyer, who lets be honest would want to invest? How long did it take to get someone who'd properly invest in the first place?

If CC goes now it won't fix everything overnight, it may be a start I accept that. 

But if DC pulls the plug, then we really are in trouble. That doesn't mean we should accept everything, but need to bare in mind that when it comes to abuse directly at people. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

To be fair not sacking CC doesn't justify vile abuse towards him and his family. Regardless.

DC has more to lose than us, fortunes if he's unsuccessful. 

I even saw saw some of our fans tweeting things such as 'die CC' yesterday, which is truly shameful.

If our owner pulls the plug, WHICH HE CAN AT ANY TIME, then we would undergo stripping back to cost, selling players and waiting ages to find a buyer, who lets be honest would want to invest? How long did it take to get someone who'd properly invest in the first place?

If CC goes now it won't fix everything overnight, it may be a start I accept that. 

But if DC pulls the plug, then we really are in trouble. That doesn't mean we should accept everything, but need to bare in mind that when it comes to abuse directly at people. 

Not sure what you mean by pull the plug?

Aren't we at FFP limits anyway?

Owlstalk Shop

My general standpoint is that I welcomed Chansiri as Chairman and have remained supportive and always respectful of Carlos.  Indeed, in this day and age, it's somewhat admirable to see a clubs hierarchy standing behind their man.  

The opening gambit of the Chairmans Christmas statement 'I have seen that some fans may not believe my answers' lays bare the cultural chasm between Thailand and Sheffield (and between business and football business).  This chasm simply cannot be bridged.  

Merry Xmas 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Not sure what you mean by pull the plug?

Aren't we at FFP limits anyway?

We're operating then at approx £13m loss a season then, i.e. Funded by him,

if he wants out, he would sell players, strip back expenditure to as close to no loss as possible, so lack of investment, lack of spending on infrastructure and so on. 

Wed then he'd  have to wait goodness knows how long for a new owner and he might not want to wait around for 'the right next owner' like Milan did and just want to get rid. 

Just now, owls66 said:

Sell the club if you can’t hack a little bit of criticism, DC.

Our fans have shown massive restraint so far considering.

I definitely think this

I posted yesterday that I can't remember a period of time when our fans have actively tried to be as patient as humanly possible

The club has never ever had it so good during tough times

Owlstalk Shop

DC sacked the fans on Xmas eve 

In all seriousness though, I could sense a horrible feeling around the place since FF missed that penalty. The silence, people just sloped out and you could feel that it was an oppressive feeling that simply wouldn’t shift that easily.

Not only that but there had been doubts about CC since the Brighton game away from home. It has been building since then.

I think the fans had generally accepted that he perhaps deserved another go and that stability was worth trying in the summer, but the derby defeat, Uniteds form and our various capitulations have culminated and the answer is clear as day.

It was good, but we failed and now we need to try something else, it could’ve been amicable between everyone but if the fans (and neutrals!) can see what needs to be done and are ignored it turns ugly. That’s seemingly where we are now. 

• Thanks 1

So, we all wanted Carlos to stay 2 seasons ago, of course we did, we'd just played in a play off final. Things change very quickly in football, unlike most other businesses. Surely he must realise this, or is the loyalty to his coach part of the far East culture?

Forgetting his statement for a minute, what I witnessed yesterday was a team with absolutely no pride, no self belief, and no passion. The bare minimum that we can expect. This appears to have been knocked out of them by a manager who's idea is to nick a goal, and defend it for the remainder. Lack luster garbage.

Sort that out first Mr Chairman.

Chansiri should just run the club as a democracy, let the fans vote on every decision.  Then when it goes wrong we've only got ourselves to blame. Because it's dead easy sat in the stand pointing out flaws and spending other's money without consideration for rules and regulations. 

Literally the first bit of adversity we've seen in 3 years and everyone is losing their minds because we're not going to get promoted. 

• Like 4

Just not bothered...

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I definitely think this

I posted yesterday that I can't remember a period of time when our fans have actively tried to be as patient as humanly possible

What tough times? A few defeats and no shirts on sale?

Just not bothered...

5 minutes ago, marshy said:

So, we all wanted Carlos to stay 2 seasons ago, of course we did, we'd just played in a play off final. Things change very quickly in football, unlike most other businesses. Surely he must realise this, or is the loyalty to his coach part of the far East culture?

Forgetting his statement for a minute, what I witnessed yesterday was a team with absolutely no pride, no self belief, and no passion. The bare minimum that we can expect. This appears to have been knocked out of them by a manager who's idea is to nick a goal, and defend it for the remainder. Lack luster garbage.

Sort that out first Mr Chairman.

No self belief yes, but no team including Hutch can be accused of no passion.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I definitely think this

This. I can't believe how patient we've been. On the field and off it. Shirts eventually on sale in November and December, WTF!!!!

Very little willingness it seems to make our feelings known in the ground for a man who's lost his way. 

We need to wake up and smell the bloody coffee before it's too late.