MESSAGE FROM THE SWFC CHAIRMAN (and he's not happy)

59 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

For me this should be standard stuff and refunds offered pro-rata every season as an ongoing standard thing anyway

If fans want refunds they should go get em

I don't think many would have wanted to in reality

That is until they read this chairman statement which I think will have damaged chairman/fan relations permanently now

It will not as most of the fans are adults and not childish and immature like a number of the posters on here seem to be, they can throw unsubstantiated abuse but cannot accept it when they get critism back. I see that a poster on here described DC as a “tinpot despot” now that is real intelligence in action. 

Owlstalk needs to be careful pandering to the mob as it risks alienating itself from the majority. We are going through tough times and the proper decisions/actions need to be made/taken by the club.  Fair enough to let all have thier view but there a number on this site whose agenda is not with supporting SWFC.

Wow, what a totally scary ramble.

Mr Chansiri, with respect we do not have short memories nor do we expect to get to playoff final or top 2 every season.

We but we do know football and Carlos is a man who has lost his way.

It might take you 5, 10, 15 or even 20 more games but eventually you will see this too and understand that your significant investment is at serious risk.

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Sticking with the family scenario - as the Head of any family you can't just demand you are respected, you have to earn that respect.

That comes with providing years of stability, guidance, financial & emotional support, wisdom and accountability for your actions, and a willingness to help those in your family when they need you - while allowing them the space to grow, enjoy being part of the family, to speak out if they are upset with the family (for any reason - and actually what the Chairman points to). In all families - differences will occur - and again the Chairman is spot in in saying that things must be discussed and cards laid on tables. As Head of the family he has a duty to facilitate that if necessary.

Abuse can be quantified differently by different people. The fact that the Chairman is from an entirely different culture does not help with either side of the family in understanding what classifies as abuse. It might be that the Chairman finds fans questioning his authority on Owlstalk as disrespectful - or even abusive. Certainly the abuse described by Vulva earlier in his post about people shouting at the Chairman into the Directors Box shouldn't be acceptable by anybodies standards

As I was walking out yesterday I noticed a few men shouting abuse at the steward on the Players Entrance - it may be the Chairman witnessed some of that - he is known for having a cigarette outside following matches. Who knows.

Its very clear that the Chairman needs support. Not from fans - that can't be taken for granted - but he needs to replace his CEO as soon as possible - and let him run the club on a day to day basis. An experienced football man. A single person that reports to him - not the 13 heads of departments that currently report to the Chairman. Thats just a recipe for chaos.

The Chairman has made a strong statement in last nights release - hes going to stand by his Manager. This means he will need to prepare himself for a whole lot more criticism. Whether he sees that criticism as constructive, or abusive, is entirely down to him and him alone. The worry is - if he does feel its abusive - he may well load the toys back into his pram - and leave us in an absolute financial mess that is nothing at all to do with the fans - and everything to do with him and his leadership.

1 minute ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Wow, what a totally scary ramble.

Mr Chansiri, with respect we do not have short memories nor do we expect to get to playoff final or top 2 every season.

We but we do know football and Carlos is a man who has lost his way.

It might take you 5, 10, 15 or even 20 more games but eventually you will see this too and understand that your significant investment is at serious risk.

The aren't expecting top two their demanding it.  

Just now, Bodhidharma said:

It's clear to me who is advising him. 

Carlos Carvahal 

He certainly seems to have all the aces.

What happens if the fans do shut up, and just sit there, and the poor performances and results continue? At what point does DC say, 'ok, i was wrong, sorry CC you're fired'?

Also, what is his plan post May 2018? What is CC's contract situation? Are we bringing in a new manager for 2018/19? If so the back-room boys and many of the team will be gone - has he got a plan for this or do we all go on summer holiday shut-down again and tip up in July ready for a weeks training camp in Portugal totally unprepared for the new season. 

We need a new approach to running the club - It's like emperor's new cloths at the moment.The manager, coaching staff and players are all to cosy at the moment and we are being dreadfully exposed. The fans are frustrated at this and effectively told we're being disloyal and disruptive?

That statement is very personal, not the usual crafted and checked statements we normally get. It is written as he speaks. I'm starting to think something's gone off yesterday after the game for him to produce that atc2am. Very strange

Having read every word of his Christmas Statement and tried to understand his viewpoint, I would say three things.

I don’t believe he truly understands our footballing culture ,football fans  or the vast difference between running a football club and any other business.

He has admitted he has got things wrong and will probably continue to do so, because he is human. Is this not a man crying out for good solid advice on things he is struggling with ? Why does he not take a big step back and employ a CEO, with a good footballing pedigree ?

Does our Chairman not see that , as a team, ( the very heart and most important thing in his club) that for all of his and our money spent, we do not have a stronger, better equipped or higher potential team, than when we left Wembley 19 months ago ? 

The party appears to be over.  Has he learned anything ? Now are the tough about to get going or are we just going to have a slagging match between the club and it’s management and it’s fans, which will lead us back to the position we were in before Mr Chansiri arrived.

To me a lot of it comes back to ticket prices. With prices this high you have expect some stick when things are not going to plan.

Off the pitch as well I dont get the impression things are run as well as we would like.

I have said before if Chansiri wanted unconditional love and devotion should have brought a dog not a football club.

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

I think he means: "If all the fans see me as is a person who puts money into the club and nothing more then fine, I will do just that and run things exactly like a business".

tbh i'm lost with all this timeline wise is this a new statement?

because I quoted either from the last steered group or from the original series that he said something like :

he'd previously run the club for the fans and now he may run it for himself ??

not exactly sure what is meant by this 

I certainly don't think removing the stripes and plastering the stadium head to foot with his name was doing that