Brian Laws?

- Had us playing great football with lesser quality players than we have now

- Respected by his players 

- Understands the fans and refused to put his name against the ridiculous and terrible legal action 

- Has kept a close eye on us and talks sense when a pundit for RS

- Knows exactly what our rivalry with the pigs is all about - that famous celebration running down the wing springs to mind

- Sets up to attack rather than defend 

- Unfairly sacked (IMO) 

- Highest finish in Championship before Chansiri and Carlos arrived

I’d love him to get another chance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

- Understands the fans and refused to put his name against the ridiculous and terrible legal action 

- Knows exactly what our rivalry with the pigs is all about - that famous celebration running down the wing springs to mind

- Unfairly sacked (IMO) 

Better than Carlos, but not as good asgarymegson

7 minutes ago, shandypants said:

- Unfairly sacked (IMO) 

I wouldn’t go back to him although he’s by and far my favourite manager of ours I’m the last 20 years. Worked minor miracles and puts Carlos pitiful efforts to shame 

5 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

A good man in his time but why do we have to keep looking backwards, he’s had health problems and I very much doubt he’d want to go back to all that shi’ite.

I'm sorry to hear he's got health problems - didn't know that.

I love the guy to bits. He held it all together for several seasons at a really bleak point in our recent history. He actually gave us some decent results against the Blunts with a fraction of the resources that Carlos has, including ending our 'double' hoodoo. Of course, it eventually went pear shaped as was probably inevitable and his career never really recovered. I honestly think if he'd had back then what Carlos has today he'd have got us promoted.

So the guy is a bit of a hero of mine, but even so, as you say, we need to look forward rather than back. We need to discover new managerial heroes rather than exhume old ones.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I honestly think we will have this clown in charge for the rest of the season. However, if he does go, expect another unknown foreign coach to come in and work under the same model.

We need a proper Manager to run the club from top to bottom. 

While ever Doyen have their claws in the club , its nailed on to be another client of theirs .

28 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

I honestly think we will have this clown in charge for the rest of the season. However, if he does go, expect another unknown foreign coach to come in and work under the same model.

We need a proper Manager to run the club from top to bottom. 

My preference is for someone who already has knowledge of this league and has had previous success. However, I’d just make the point that Wagner met neither of those criteria and he was effectively an unknown foreigner as well. 

Edited by Morepork