Brian Laws?

13 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

f we are to have a new manager, let's not go down the road of past-managers. That didn't work with Big Ron, it's notlikely to work with anyone who couldn't get us out of the second and third divisions.Time for some 'fresh' blood.

To be fair,   Ron did work second time around. Came in and saved us from the drop. Players like Thome on freebies.  

- Petty revenge was the only reason that train came back off the track. 

6 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Certainly wasn't unfairly sacked at the time- we were playing woefully

I think he had just had the fight knocked out of him. He did an absolutely outstanding job with us and was responsible for some great moments. 

Nothing but respect for him. It was the right time for him to leave but I have a huge respect for the overall job he did. 

We band names around but any half decent manager can get better out of these players than cc.i want to see a team of younger players with pace and power who actually want to get to the premiership with a young manager given the opprtunity.ive never seen players wasted as much as we do now.

3 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Simaniac, 

Gary Megson help us if your wish comes true. !!!! I don't think medical science has ever documented a death caused by excessive and repeated ejaculation lol

If He is not appointed soon, The Wednesday are in serious trouble. 

7 minutes ago, BathgateBob said:

And what has he done since??

A mixed time a Burnley and then a mixed time at Scunny (I think) but what has Megson or Karanka done or many of the other names mentioned? At least Laws and Megson know the club and understand the fans expectations. 

Laws? Jesus. What is it with this obsession with ex managers? He had a good crack at it and has a decent reputation with us lot, leave it at that. Move forward, move on.

Huddersfiled are living proof that going for something different can work wonders.

I'd certainly look at him for that 'director of football' role. As manager, no. He did a good job but like Carlos it came to a natural end. He's not exactly done really well elsewhere since he left us has he? Burnley was never going to work out and Scunthorpe ended in a bit of a disaster.

I think that’s a great idea!! loved Laws to bits sadly we can only dream. I remember that final season like it was yesterday beating Norwich 3-1 at home and finishing 9th in the championship, highest position we achieved before Carlos.

Those were the good old days as a youngster. 

Just now, Owlsfan1711 said:

I think that’s a great idea!! loved Laws to bits sadly we can only dream. I remember that final season like it was yesterday beating Norwich 3-1 at home and finishing 9th in the championship, highest position we achieved before Carlos.

Those were the good old days as a youngster. 

Jesus. Is that your high point as a fan in your lifetime? Us older fans have a lot to be thankful for. But then again, if that’s your high point then I’m shocked at how unhappy the fan base currently is...