Sam Winnall sounds well up for a permanent move away from Sheffield Wednesday

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

We already have Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes, Joao, Forestieri and Nuhiu.

We have to trim the squad and a striker needs to go, we have too many. We paid £500k for Winnall and if he carries on scoring as he is, he could be the answer to our FFP problems.

A good spell at Derby could see us make a tidy £3-£4m profit on him.

IMO he’s not as good as Hooper, or Rhodes. Nando, Fletcher and Joao all offer something different, it’s a no brainer for me, let him go if the price is right.

What come on Tricky get your calculator out !

1 minute ago, Teflon Don said:

Thats the problem Derby have now because there is no agreement in place to make it permanent.

If they want him and he hits 20 goals and he is capable of it. They will have to pay the going rate, could have been 2-3 million last summer, 20 goals later it will be 8-10 million.

Catch 22 for them. 

Not if he helps them go up.

6 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

A good spell at Derby could see us make a tidy £3-£4m profit on him.

In todays market selling a striker who scores goals to a rival for just £4-5m isn't enough imo and I'm almost certain DC won't sell at just £3-£4m profit if Winnall continues to score goals for them. 

About time we made someone pay over and beyond instead of letting clubs bend us over all the time. 

Dig out any of the quotes players we've had on loan have said. All full of praise. 

None of them are going to say-: 

"Well it's a tin pot club,  plastic stadium , the fans nick all their songs and the manager is a right route one merchant, I didn't want to come here but my agents angling after another pay day"

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Dig out any of the quotes players we've had on loan have said. All full of praise. 

"Well it's a tin pot club,  plastic stadium , the fans nick all their songs and the manager is a right route one merchant, I didn't want to come here but my agents angling after another pay day"

exactly

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Football would be more fun if they said stuff like that. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

would you trust our recruitment with 10 million,neither would i

I'm sure there'd be some pointed questions asked at Derby if they paid £10m for him.  Who in the Championship can put their hands on their hearts and said they have spent £10m well - not us, not anyone... 

The problem that I have with this is that Winnall looked good for us, with limited appearances, thought before he went to Derby, that he would start scoring for us,

and just say that Derby get promoted on the back of his goals, then say ta very much for the loan, now you can have him back.

Its not going to happen, but there's always a but.

Of course we are such a joke off the field that Winnal signed a what, 4 or 5 year contract. Yep we will look

proper bell ends when we sell him for about 1,000% profit. Oh and didn't he also have a training ground spat

with Forestieri or have all the haters conveniently forgot that too

Derby's manager is flipping this right up. Doesn't he realise that the only way to get the best out of a striker is to play him for three games until he scores then drop him straight away?

Thank goodness we have Carlos who knows what he is doing.

• Haha 1

'The player probably didn't mean it in the way he said it', Derby County boss Gary Rowett responds to Jacob Butterfield's comments

The midfielder said Derby's style of play did not suit him

"I spoke to my agent and just said Derby’s new style of play was not really the way I like to play my football. I just had a feeling that he (Gary Rowett) wanted to play a more direct, physical style," Butterfield said.

"I said I didn’t want to spend the season on the bench and my agent made some calls and I had a few options."

Rowett responded to Butterfield's comments.

"The player probably didn't mean it in the way he said it. He meant it as a positive for the club he has joined and in all fairness it wasn't his decision necessarily to leave," Rowett said