Sam Winnall sounds well up for a permanent move away from Sheffield Wednesday

7 minutes ago, welsOwl74 said:

cant we keep sam and give them clueless carlos

1 minute ago, ScrappyOwl said:

Hardly surprising that he is enjoying himself given how poorly Carlos treated him

Why not just go on the countless Carlos out threads ?

Youve not added anything worthwhile to this one

2 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Why not just go on the countless Carlos out threads ?

Youve not added anything worthwhile to this one

Do you think Carlos's decision to play Big Dave ahead of Winnall against Huddersfield in the semi was a good one or is Winnall  entitled to be a bit hacked off?

2 minutes ago, ScrappyOwl said:

Do you think Carlos's decision to play Big Dave ahead of Winnall against Huddersfield in the semi was a good one or is Winnall  entitled to be a bit hacked off?

Look mate. I didn’t think it was a good decision in that game. Ok ?

What does my head in is the people that use every thread as an excuse to beat up Carlos.

Until last weekend Winnalls loan at Derby had not been a great success and you’ve even got a Derby fan saying the same.

Now all of a sudden cos he’s scored 3 ( 1 pen ) in a week its clueless Carlos fault for letting this prolific striker go.

Didn’t personally rate winnall any better than say Joao based on what he did with us but credit to him you can’t knock his record before and after. Think the only way we would see him in our shirt again is under a different gaffer. Still don’t rate him above hooper fletcher or Rhodes though 

16 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

What does my head in is the people that use every thread as an excuse to beat up Carlos.

Until last weekend Winnalls loan at Derby had not been a great success and you’ve even got a Derby fan saying the same.

Now all of a sudden cos he’s scored 3 ( 1 pen ) in a week its clueless Carlos fault for letting this prolific striker go.

How many players have flourished under Carlito? Not many.

21 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

How many players have flourished under Carlito? Not many.

Bannan, Lee, Lees, Westwood,  off the top but I think you could say that about loads of managers.

When results aren’t the best then everything’s rubbish. Put a few wins together and it’s different.

This threads about Winnall and everything I’ve said I stand by.

He scores a couple of goals after a singularly unspectacular loan spell and you’re all on Carlos back.

I personally find all the vitriol towards him distasteful and disrespectful. On the whole his time here has been good. Ok it’s soured recently and no I’m not convinced that he can finish the job but I believe he deserves the chance at least and also he deserves a bit of respect 

1 hour ago, Ibbo48 said:

Not beating up Carlos mate, simply stating that in my opinion, Winnall was not given a fair crack of the whip by Carlos.

In my opinion Carlos has his favourites and Sam was not one of them and the fact that he is probably happy and enjoying his football at Derby seems to be a problem for some, which I think is unfair on the lad.I don't believe most Owls wanted Winnall to be loaned out as he always gave his all on the few occasions he was given the shirt

1 minute ago, ScrappyOwl said:

Not beating up Carlos mate, simply stating that in my opinion, Winnall was not given a fair crack of the whip by Carlos.

In my opinion Carlos has his favourites and Sam was not one of them and the fact that he is probably happy and enjoying his football at Derby seems to be a problem for some, which I think is unfair on the lad.I don't believe most Owls wanted Winnall to be loaned out as he always gave his all on the few occasions he was given the shirt

Can’t argue with you when you put it like that. I think when I quoted you I was more hacked off with the other poster so please accept my apologies 

He's always been a bit of a c*nt according to someone that went to school with him.

No loss, I've seen better first touches in U7 football 

8 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

We already have Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes, Joao, Forestieri and Nuhiu.

We have to trim the squad and a striker needs to go, we have too many. We paid £500k for Winnall and if he carries on scoring as he is, he could be the answer to our FFP problems.

A good spell at Derby could see us make a tidy £3-£4m profit on him.

IMO he’s not as good as Hooper, or Rhodes. Nando, Fletcher and Joao all offer something different, it’s a no brainer for me, let him go if the price is right.

Rubbish. Fletcher should have gone in the swap. Hoopers mate. Nothing else. 

5 hours ago, ScrappyOwl said:

Hardly surprising that he is enjoying himself given how poorly Carlos treated him

Agree. But let's play Fletcher .

12 minutes ago, samowl said:

Rubbish. Fletcher should have gone in the swap. Hoopers mate. Nothing else. 

Just my opinion pal, nothing more.

I believe Fletcher is more dominant in the air, better with the ball at his feet and more of a handful for defenders.

OK I get it, he likes it at Derby and doesn't want to come back to Hillsborough. Just thinking, if we sold Forestieri to Derby would he still love it there?

Not suggesting we should sell FF to Derby, just wondering.  

11 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Just my opinion pal, nothing more.

I believe Fletcher is more dominant in the air, better with the ball at his feet and more of a handful for defenders.

I don't think Fletcher is dominant in the air at all

But that's a different issue.  Winnall is quicker off the mark

Less predictable . Just wasn't one of Cc's favourites .