Sam Winnall sounds well up for a permanent move away from Sheffield Wednesday

Just now, Lees Tom Cat said:

Can't get away with anything these days..Not only do they have people watching training from houses next door, but spy cams in the sky.

Presume that's why we train under a mattress. Wonder if that's why we don't practice crosses much? lol

11 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Regardless of whether he should’ve played more etc. I’m going to hazard a guess that Winnall isn’t the saint that a lot think he is. 

Maybe his dummy hasn’t come out at Derby....yet. 

Shhhhhhhhhhh,ya can't be saying things like that on here,doesn't sit well with the conspirators.

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Another example of how Carlos has failed to get the best out of a player whereas other managers have been able to.

Have any of you actually checked his stats whilst he’s been at Derby? How many games he’s started and stuff like that. Before this last weekend he was hardly a resounding success.

He’d scored 1 before Saturday. 

Its just another stick to beat Carlos with without any of you actually knowing the facts of what’s gone off. 

Nah got to be Carlos fault.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, james o connor said:

Who can blame him. Been treated poorly here and given the choice of playing for a club who’s getting their act together or one that hasn’t got a club what it’s doing, I’m sure any sane player would prefer derby 

I would love someone to treat me poorly enough to treble my wages.lol

• Like 1

From a Derby perspective, this has just come from an inevitable question asked in a standard club interview and, as many have said, Winnall is bound to be very positive at a new club, having got only his 2nd start but having made a big impact in the last two games and offering something different to what we have. Given that he was hauled off at HT in his only other start, it's a bit early to predict what the manager's wish (or the player's) will be at the end of his loan, but he's the kind of player that Rowett seems to like and the fans seem to have taken to him too. Even if they do both want a deal to happen, Wednesday could easily play hard-ball and I doubt we'll be paying £10M for anyone while we're in the Championship - Mel Morris is more about recycling transfer fees now than pumping in the millions that were spent in 2015/2016, hence why most incoming transfers this summer were not completed until someone went out the door - but a deal eventually might suit all parties. Alternatively, you might get back a decent player with his confidence restored and his value enhanced, which it'll be then up to your manager to utilise better than has perhaps been the case so far.

BTW, if you want an indication of what Butterfield's temperament is like, do a search for the incident at his girlfriend's party a year or so back. Very strange.

6 minutes ago, Crewton Ram said:

From a Derby perspective, this has just come from an inevitable question asked in a standard club interview and, as many have said, Winnall is bound to be very positive at a new club, having got only his 2nd start but having made a big impact in the last two games and offering something different to what we have. Given that he was hauled off at HT in his only other start, it's a bit early to predict what the manager's wish (or the player's) will be at the end of his loan, but he's the kind of player that Rowett seems to like and the fans seem to have taken to him too. Even if they do both want a deal to happen, Wednesday could easily play hard-ball and I doubt we'll be paying £10M for anyone while we're in the Championship - Mel Morris is more about recycling transfer fees now than pumping in the millions that were spent in 2015/2016, hence why most incoming transfers this summer were not completed until someone went out the door - but a deal eventually might suit all parties. Alternatively, you might get back a decent player with his confidence restored and his value enhanced, which it'll be then up to your manager to utilise better than has perhaps been the case so far.

BTW, if you want an indication of what Butterfield's temperament is like, do a search for the incident at his girlfriend's party a year or so back. Very strange.

Not into his personal life gossip, mate.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

Immediately thought of at least twelve incredibly puerile reponses to this, but I'm 37 and must...not...gnnnnn  WTF:lol

I'm betting you could have thought of a lot more than twelve, I did lol

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Crewton Ram said:

I'd be upset of someone nibbled my wife's foot too.

Not as upset as the nibbler  though. Not with her ladyships cloven hooves.

53 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Regardless of whether he should’ve played more etc. I’m going to hazard a guess that Winnall isn’t the saint that a lot think he is. 

Maybe his dummy hasn’t come out at Derby....yet. 

I know a few Barnsley fans who said he caused a lot of unrest in their dressing room and the players weren't sorry to see him go. Don't know if that's true or if they're just spouting rumours like some do on here. Brian Laws said he was a fiery character. I was hoping he'd turn over a new leaf at Wednesday. He certainly seemed to have a good team spirit before matches but the training ground incident and alleged bust up with Fletcher makes me wonder. Would still love it to work out for him at Wednesday but can't help but think he wants out. He's completely changed his Twitter profile to everything Derby. Doesn't even acknowledge he's still a Wednesday player.