Sam Winnall sounds well up for a permanent move away from Sheffield Wednesday

Hes hardley going to say he hates it at Derby,hes embraced the club,theyve given him a stage,hes performing.Fairplay to him,wed all do the same,hes a decent player,and hes still ours come what may,if he bans in 20 before january,any number of clubs may come enquiring for his services.

The balls in our court hes our player,and whilever hes playing football and doing well,its to our benefit.

Should we get unfortunate and lose players to injury,we have the option of recalling him,and hel be fit and hopefully in good form

39 minutes ago, samowl said:

Rubbish. Fletcher should have gone in the swap. Hoopers mate. Nothing else. 

Stop smoking Spice at the football

29 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Stop smoking Spice at the football

Wouldn't know what that is mate. Maybe that's your excuse for being delusional.  I'll just enjoy my Horlicks 

6 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

I know a few Barnsley fans who said he caused a lot of unrest in their dressing room and the players weren't sorry to see him go. Don't know if that's true or if they're just spouting rumours like some do on here. Brian Laws said he was a fiery character. I was hoping he'd turn over a new leaf at Wednesday. He certainly seemed to have a good team spirit before matches but the training ground incident and alleged bust up with Fletcher makes me wonder. Would still love it to work out for him at Wednesday but can't help but think he wants out. He's completely changed his Twitter profile to everything Derby. Doesn't even acknowledge he's still a Wednesday player. 

Head from someone very close to the club there was major issues with Sam at S6

11 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Just my opinion pal, nothing more.

I believe Fletcher is more dominant in the air, better with the ball at his feet and more of a handful for defenders.

Maybe he is all of those things, but plain and simply, Winall will score more goals than Fletcher could even dream about. I kinda like Fletch, but he isnt a goal machine, hes good for 15(max) per season if he players every game, and you need at least 1, if not 2, 20-25 goal per season strikers to get out of this division.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, james o connor said:

Who can blame him. Been treated poorly here and given the choice of playing for a club who’s getting their act together or one that hasn’t got a club what it’s doing, I’m sure any sane player would prefer derby 

So how many threads or comments have there been on owlstalk in the past 4 seasons ridiculing derby. Now that were having a rough patch, we see derby as a well run club. Hmmmm.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Winnall has flourished at Derby, hitting four goals in seven outings, including three in his past two matches.

When asked whether he would stay with the Championship club beyond the end of the 2017-18 season, Winnall told the Derby Telegraph: “Of course. I’m really enjoying my time here. Everything has been brilliant and the club has been really good for me"

"They’ve helped me out in so many different ways - not just on the pitch but off the pitch as well"

“That’s credit to the football club - they’ve been brilliant with me and you never know what will happen. You just have to take every day as it comes and see what happens.”

He said: “The club have been fantastic - they’ve made the transition of moving from Sheffield Wednesday to Derby so easy - and I’ve bedded in so well straight away, because they are a great bunch of lads,” added the former Barnsley and Wolves front man.

“I am starting to feel a little bit at home here. I love going in to training every day and long may that continue.

“Since I joined, I don’t think it has once gone through my head that I’m just on loan.

“I want to help this team to finish as high as possible this season.

“Whether it extends beyond that, who knows? I don’t know - but at the end of the day, all I can do is focus on the now and at the moment, I’m a Derby County player.”

Bye sam.

14 minutes ago, BIG D said:

He’ll leave if we want rid and if he does then we’ll make a very healthy profit on him. Really was a great bit of business. 

I always felt he was simply an investment we could make money on.

Guest Grez Bez

He speaks well and seems like a knowable chap so I can't see him being an issue in the dressing room. Saying that, his celebration @ Barnsley was a bit OTT and he does suffer fro small man syndrome.........

2 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

He speaks well and seems like a knowable chap so I can't see him being an issue in the dressing room. Saying that, his celebration @ Barnsley was a bit OTT and he does suffer fro small man syndrome.........

Was told first hand of his issues. Not just him but a fans favorite also rejected to do charity work recently 

Guest Grez Bez
5 minutes ago, modboy said:

Was told first hand of his issues. Not just him but a fans favorite also rejected to do charity work recently 

Lee?