• Lee
    • Jones
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Hooper
    • Boyd
    • Butterfield
    • Rhodes

Lee was fantastic. Thought Jones was solid. Hunt was good. Hooper and Fletcher were great. Bazza was class. Van aken had a great debut. 

But Adam reach was just above the pile for me today for me. Fantastic performance.

Tough choice

Edited by poite

I voted Reach as well. 

The thing that impressed me most with him today was his defensive work. 

Anybody not knowing he was really a winger so to speak would be raving about him as being a brilliant left back today.

Every home game think he has left back spot pretty much nailed on.

Good game today,and best performance of the season.

Hard to single a player out,but I thought Reach had a top game today,never gave up,worked very hard,found space,when he lost the ball he straight up trying to get it back,some dangerous crosses,passed it well,brilliant,Hunt yet again was right up there with a very hard working performance,had a go at Rhodes when he didnt attempt to have a go at a decent cross.Both centre backs did well,new lad looked a class act in his 1st outing,Bannan and Hooper both had decent games,but what a delight it was to see Kieran Lee back for us.

I voted for Lee, as I thought he made our whole team play better - his energy, intelligence and linkup play is second to none. A goal and an assist on his return from injury was fantastic.

Having said that, I hadn't realised how many of our attacks Jack Hunt played an instrumental role in until I just saw the highlights. Him and Reach both had strong games, too.

Hooper for me. Linked play well, scored, what more do you want. He's such a clever player.

Hunt did really well

Joost, did  well, looks to have the makings of a class act.

Reach, what an engine, I don't undersatand why he gets slagged off so much.

Lee, glad he's back . Makes us tick. He will get better as he finds his match fitness.

Bannan, what we expect.

Jones, not dramatic or exciting but reads the game well.

Fletcher, didn't work out for him but he kept at it and got his reward. Good player. 

Gave it to Hunt but could have been any to be fair - I would say that's one of if not his best game for us, constant menace when going forward and only one time he was beaten by their winger.

Team appeared to be more of a unit and dare I say it an actual identity is emerging to our play with the diamond being employed.

Found a 2nd gear in the game which was pleasing and finished it strongly looking for more goals.

Very very pleasing to watch and matched with the result.

1. Westwood - 7- Usual performance. Didn't actually have that much to do. Few body shots to take in, but he makes them look simple by usually being in a good starting position. 
  2. Hunt - 8- Thought Hunt was terrific today especially going forward.  Linked really well with Wallace and showed the player we know he can be. Got done by McKay a couple of times but recovered well for the best part.
  3. Reach - 8 mom- My man of the match. There were a few contenders but I've fine for Reach because not only was he passing the ball out well from the back and joining up with the attack but I also thought it was the best I've seen him play for us defensively. Brereton is a decent player and useful in the air and I thought Reach dealt with him really well and an managed to restrict him . Positioning was good and he looked stronger in his work. 
  4. Jones - 7- I'm not Jones' biggest fan as you'll probably all be aware. Sometimes seems to struggle to get the ball out from under his feet quickly enough for my liking,  but he was great today, excellent positional discipline which gave a platform for Lee to attack and also Bannan when we switched things. 
  5. Lees - 7- Solid and dependable. Magnificent headed clearance near the end. He came in at a bad angle and it was a superb header to put the ball clear away with the spin and direction of the ball and the angle he was at. Seen ,any of those cocked - up over the years and drop to any striker. Got drawn out for their goal but otherwise very dependable.
  6. Joost - 7- Decent on the ball. Good in the air, and has a good core mobility,  hooked a few dangerous ones away over his shoulder which I wasn't sure he'd make. Pretty sure he must do hard core Yoga! Went down far too easily for their goal instead of staying up and trying to squeeze Osborne out. But that , hopefully, was a momentary lapse and not a portent of things to come. Decent debut.
  7. Wallace - 7- Scamp. Do like wee Wallace.  Thought he linked well with Hunt and looked a bit more like his old self.  Two superb reverse passes as Hunt overlapped where he gave the defender the eyes before slipping his mate away to the byline. 
  8. Lee - 7.5-Today, not fully fit showed what we miss when he's not around, gets the ball and distributes it quickly and then gets on his bike. Goal was icing on the cake. Got involved in the rough and tumble too. Hope he's come out unscathed . His ability to make a third man in the box and the run beyond our strikers is such a gift in a  midfield player. 
  9. Fletcher - 7- I thought Fletch looked a bit frustrated in the first half things just weren't dripping for him or really coming off. He was getting a bad bounce. Tremendous willingness to get stuck in for a striker though and I knew his chance would come with their terrible defending at set pieces. Fully deserving of his goal.  A would or r to see him in the knee brace though. I hope that is something that isn't going to cause further problems down the line for him as he had it before the International break too. 
  10. Hooper- 8- His football intelligence and awareness of what is happening around him is key to us playing well. What a lovely goal. Letting the balk roll past him tather than takinf a touch highlights agsin the speed of thought and fpotballinf brain He creates all sorts of nightmares for defenders and the problems he caused for Forest are best highlighted by the fact that Warburton sent on a first half sub to try and deal with him floating between the lines. That says more than I can write 
  11. Bannan - 7.5 - Well, I had to have a week when I didn't vote for wee Bazza didn't I? Still superb though. The way he kept the ball moving was one of the highlights and has been all of this season to date.  I don't like  him on the left particularly but with Reach on the overlap it really gave him the chance to come inside and get involved when the opportunity arose. Another assist , and what great desire it was to make it to that final ball...some players would have neshed that fearing the challenge. 

Carlos - When he gets it wrong I'll say it, as I did in my post season review last season. Equally when he gets it right it deserves highlighting. He made subtle changes to our shape during the game which made a difference and helped secure the result. He got the player selection right before the game and made the right changes when they were needed.