• Jones
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Hooper
    • Boyd
    • Butterfield
    • Rhodes

My ratings:

Westwood - 7 - Didn't have a great deal to do, but did make a couple of comfortable saves. 

Hunt - 8 - The type of performance we should be seeing more of from him. Played to his strengths, and was a constant threat. Him and Wallace can look a formidable partnership at times.

Lees - 7 - Thought he looked a lot better yesterday. In my opinion, he's had a dreadful start to the season, but he looked back to his commanding best yesterday. Not as many hopeless punts upfield or out of play yesterday either.

Van Aken - 7 - He's going to be a fan's favourite. Stands out due to his stature and his unbelievable confidence on the ball. He'll be a real attacking asset for us. Did OK defensively, but like many have said, naive to jump in for the goal, and it's those pieces of defending he's going to get judged on. Promising performance though.

Reach - 8 - Fantastic once again. For me, he's now a left back. We all know what he can do with the ball, but I thought he looked solid defensively as well yesterday. Kept getting dragged a bit narrow in the first half allowing Brereton a ton of space, but corrected that well in the 2nd half.

Jones - 7 - Another very good, understated performance. He's doing exactly what's required for us in midfield, and he's becoming a must start player. 

Lee - 8 - Great to have him back. Drifted into space superbly in the first half. Thought he looked like he was blowing a bit early on in 2nd half, but got a second wind and scored a typical Kieran Lee "right place right time" goal. Gives us another dimension.

Bannan - 8 - I do like him playing that pseudo left wing position. Isn't bound by defensive discipline like he is in the centre, and just drifts about and dictates thing. It's his best position, and the position he played during the majority of his 1st season here. With Reach providing the width alongside him, it gives us a nice balance. 

Wallace - 7 - Continues to be ever reliable performer. He's kept McGeady, McManaman & Buckley out the side, and now he's keeping Boyd out, and rightly so. 

Hooper - 9 - MOTM - What a superb player. So, so good. Took his goal well, could've had another early on. Drops deep and finds space effortlessly, and is always a step ahead. Forming a good partnership with Fletcher, and both are scoring goals. 

Fletcher - 7 - Didn't think he had his best game yesterday. Dallied with the ball too often, but he was always available and a constant threat. Absolutely superb header. 

Overall, a much improved performance. Not flawless by any means. Thought we still looked vulnerable defensively, and Forest created too many good opportunities. However...on the flip side, at times, Wednesday produced the type of football we've been craving and know we're capable of. When we play at the tempo we started the game at, I honestly believe, no team in this league can compete with us. It's now finding that balance, to play at that tempo for as long as possible, but also maintaining some defensive solidity as well.

Much more optimistic after yesterday however. 

Edited by frastheowl

Westwood  -  7  Pretty solid............could he have done better with the goal?

Hunt  -  8  Excellent performance.

Lees  -  7  Looked much better than of late.

Van Aken  -  7  Uses the ball well, should have stayed on his feet for goal and would have liked to have seen him win a few more headers given his size, but overall a very encouraging debut.

Reach  -  7  I am not a Reach fan but fair play that was probably his best display in a Wednesday shirt..............crossing still poor though.

Wallace  -  7  More like the Wallace of old.

Bannan  -  8  Tireless and infectious

Lee  - 8  Thank Friar he`s back, we look sooooo much better when he plays

Jones  -  6  Still not a fan to be honest, did ok, actually won a few tackles but wish he would push himself more , seems content to just occupy space.

Hooper  -  7   Would have been an 8 but missed a couple of gilt edged chances, otherwise very good

Fletcher  -  7  Not his best game but kept at it and scored a beauty of a header

Westwood: 6 never spread himself as well as usual 4 goal

-

Hunt: 8 both fbs impressive

Van Aken: 7 - 8 bar error

Lees: 7 possible match winning clearance

Reach: 8

-

Wallace: 6 chases shadows with little chance of regaining possession or ever making a tackle, left for dead by their assist maker for goal, in space several times with no end product bar good 8 yard balls to hunt on overlap who makes him look better, but a poss weak link now

Jones: 6 

Lee: 8 1 gl 1 assist, will hopefully get back to his best now

Bannan: 7 good assist but overplayed it a bit, 100% effort as ever

-

Fletcher: 7 

Hooper: 8*

Diamond suits us far better as we dont have proper wingers, would like to see boyd on right in this system or even matias on as a sub behind front 2 if a goal needed with lee on right.

Not getting carried away as could have been different bar lees' clearance, we dominated at start but when they changed system it was very even until fletch goal out of blue from corner.

If we stick with diamond we should score more tho might conceed more, but worth it for better performances that would hopefully translate into better results in long run

I voted for Lees because if it wasn't for him he could've easily lost that game yesterday He had a good game at the back and helped the new lad settling in he was constantly given him instructions where and not to go...

I noticed that when I watched it back on sky you do not get to see  that at the game .....