• Jones
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Hooper
    • Boyd
    • Butterfield
    • Rhodes

Westwood- 7- didn't have much to do 

Hunt-8/9- constantly up and down. Some good crosses to. 

Lees-7- steady, solid enough.

Jooooooost-8- solid, didnt look out of

place to say its his first game. 

Reach-7- was really good in spells but his crossing at times makes me pull my hair out! 

Wallace- 8/9- pefer him to Wallace. Miss his cheekyness and crossing when not playing

Jones-7- I dont even realise hes playing half of time. 

Bannan-7- feel he could have gone forwad a bit more but still quality when on ball.

Lee-8- god he makes a difference.

Hooper-8- smart player. him, Fletcher and lee seem to work together well.

Fletcher-8- I believe he should be first on team sheet. Always likely to get a goal. 

Some fantastic performances by our lot today. A few mistakes too, but those are inevitable.

Westwood - Didn't have a lot to do to be fair, and could have spread better for the goal.

Reach - Grew into the game after a bit of a timid start. Looked immense by the final whistle.

Lees - Was strong, solid and dependable - which is par for the course for Tom. Paired well with JOOOOOOOST

JOOOOOST - had one of the most impressive debuts I've seen from a CB. Takes a measure of the blame for their goal (but only a small measure). Those diagonal balls... mmmmmmmm.

Hunt - Put in some scorching crosses, played brilliantly with Wallace and, aside from that howler of an attempted tackle, was mostly solid at the back

Bannan - Has been looking class from the opening game of the season. Today was no exception.

Lee - (HE'S BACK!) Are we sure he's been injured and not pursuing a career as a marathon runner? Slotted straight back into the team, in his usual position of literally everywhere on the pitch. Great awareness and movement to get into position for the goal and a perfect ball in from the corner. My MOTM by a hair's breadth over 4-5 others. Did I mention HE'S BACK?

Jones - Did his job magnificently and I don't recall him making any mistakes in possession.

Wallace - His final ball wasn't quite there, but his corners were connecting with players in blue and white. Love the relationship between him and Hunt. They've developed a real understanding. I seem to recall Wallace getting a yellow for retaliation when Hunt was subject to some "robust" challenges on his debut.

Fletcher - Put himself about in the first half, pressured their defence in possession and always looked a threat.

Hooper - Took his chance brilliantly, could have done better with the (admittedly difficult) chance earlier, but his link up play was typically excellent. The movement and interplay between him and the midfield (especially Lee) was pure class.

Referee - Didn't have the best game, with some awful decisions made - especially in the first half. However, his flick through for the chance to make it 4 was sublime.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Westwood- 7- didn't have much to do 

Hunt-8/9- constantly up and down. Some good crosses to. 

Lees-7- steady, solid enough.

Jooooooost-8- solid, didnt look out of

place to say its his first game. 

Reach-7- was really good in spells but his crossing at times makes me pull my hair out! 

Wallace- 8/9- pefer him to Wallace. Miss his cheekyness and crossing when not playing

Jones-7- I dont even realise hes playing half of time. 

Bannan-7- feel he could have gone forwad a bit more but still quality when on ball.

Lee-8- god he makes a difference.

Hooper-8- smart player. him, Fletcher and lee seem to work together well.

Fletcher-8- I believe he should be first on team sheet. Always likely to get a goal. 

Good set of marks.  I agree that it was an unusually consistent set of performances across the team