T-shirts outside the ground in the 90’s!

I was thinking about how good it used to be in the early 90’s walking up to Hillsborough. In my memory there were lots of opportunities to buy unofficial stuff – t-shirts, anti-pigs stuff, badges, hats, scarves etc. The best t-shirt I recall was one with Hirst as terminator! Anyone remember that one, or other great t-shirts?

Back then football was real, and we were awesome on the pitch too! I remember watching exciting, attacking football!? Hillsborough under the floodlights in the 90’s seems like a distant dream, standing on the Kop against Kaiserslautern, Spora and the Pigs etc. What a great time to support SWFC.

Anyway, the reason I got thinking about this is because I’ve designed something that could go on a t-shirt. Sadly you won’t see it on sale outside the ground! Thoughts?

Random, I know. UTO.

The Wednesday.jpg

• Like 1

Remember I was about 10, there was this bloke with a briefcase full of "Bart Simpson is a Wednesday fan" tshirts. The Simpsons had just started on Sky about a year or so earlier. My dad bought me one and the man saw a policeman and stuffed them in the case and legged it.

There were other little things that you used to see around the ground on every match day that have disappeared. There were the many different Fanzines on sale, a scruffy looking bloke with long hair and a beard who used to sell hot dogs from those trolleys that you see on American movies. People selling all sorts of unofficial merchandise, the sound of someone shouting "any spare tickets / stubbs" ringing through the air and of course the infamous Mr Meadows.

Good times.

There was an old chap who used to have a blue and white Owls flat cap that sold badges in the 80's and 90's. His amazing array of pin badges always mesmerised me, just imagine how much they would have been worth now to collectors.

22 minutes ago, Will69 said:

There was an old chap who used to have a blue and white Owls flat cap that sold badges in the 80's and 90's. His amazing array of pin badges always mesmerised me, just imagine how much they would have been worth now to collectors.

Yes! The flat cap absolutely covered in badges is a much-undervalued matchday outfit.