Official January Transfer Rumours Thread..

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

Quality player and just what we need...didn't he go to Turkey on loan? 

Nothing to suggest he did. Not sure why they haven't let him go anywhere in truth. When they signed him it appeared they loaned him back to Red Star for a while but nothing since.

I'd look at some lower league players as well as some German league loanees?

From the lower leagues I'd consider the likes of the full back Amari'i Bell at Fleetwood; attacking midfielder Erhun Oztumer at Walsall, midfield enforcer Sam Morsy at Wigan, centre back Sonny Bradley at Plymouth, winger Jodi Jones at Coventry, winger Marcus Maddison at Peterborough, attacking midfielder Kyle Bennett at Portsmouth, attacker Charlie Wyke at Bradford, etc...?

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

4 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

From the lower leagues I'd consider the likes of the full back Amari'i Bell at Fleetwood; attacking midfielder Erhun Oztumer at Walsall, midfield enforcer Sam Morsy at Wigan, centre back Sonny Bradley at Plymouth, winger Jodi Jones at Coventry, winger Marcus Maddison at Peterborough, attacking midfielder Kyle Bennett at Portsmouth, attacker Charlie Wyle at Bradford, etc...?

Love these posts. Seen them much? 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Tell you what having FF back will be like a new signing. We miss him so bloody much. Was watching some of his goals today and he really can do things nobody else in our squad can. Hurry back Fernando please. 

That's true, even though I didn't agree with the new appointment, it's a opportunity for some players in the fringes to win their way back in. It's a chance for the underperforming players to step up and fight for a place in the team, a fresh start and last chance for many, plus the returning players from injury should be like new signings under a new manager. Hopefully the new man lays into them and gets more out of them or freshen it up.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

From the lower leagues I'd consider the likes of the full back Amari'i Bell at Fleetwood; attacking midfielder Erhun Oztumer at Walsall, midfield enforcer Sam Morsy at Wigan, centre back Sonny Bradley at Plymouth, winger Jodi Jones at Coventry, winger Marcus Maddison at Peterborough, attacking midfielder Kyle Bennett at Portsmouth, attacker Charlie Wyke at Bradford, etc...?

Sam Morsy isn’t a bad shout tbh rated him at chesterfield and he impressed at this level last season with Barnsley.

5 minutes ago, ThaiWife said:

Love these posts. Seen them much? 

Bits and pieces to be honest. Mostly watch the Championship and Premier League but back in the summer I was saying we needed to upgrade our full backs and go for the likes of Amari'i Bell and Joe Bryan or similar, and I was calling for us to go for Ryan Woods at Brentford, a powerful centre back and a fast winger like Callum Robinson.

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

If what Nixon says is true, and the chairman is making money available I really hope it’s done with an eye on rebuilding to go again next season along with a willingness to move some players out aswell

last thing we should be doing is further inflating this horrendously unbalanced squad, injuries or no injuries , couple of sensible loans to cover ourselfs in that department but if there’s to be any money spent I Reyt hope it’s with an eye to next year 

12 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Some decent suggestions here - Bell at Fleetwood is a player I particularly rate, exactly what we’ve been crying out for at left back. Bradley, Oztumer and Jones could all be low priced but very high value pick ups as well. Morsy would be more pricy, the Dingles will probably be first in the queue for him with their new Chinese money.

Wouldn’t be so sure about Bennett who’s been around for quite a while and never cut it in the second tier, and I’d say we’ve got far too many strikers as it is so there isn’t much need for Charlie Wyke. Maddison is possibly a bit too mercurial for me, tends to have that selfish streak which sometime pays off and sometimes drives you bonkers. Not sure how much Jos would like that really.

In general I prefer these sort of suggestions - younger players with great potential to improve and lower prices. We’ve tried chucking money at established talents like Rhodes and Abdi and it’s gotten us nowhere. Time for a rethink.

Edited by Groundhopping Owl
  • Like 1

Former West Brom and new Middlesbrough manager Tony Pulis is looking into a potential move for Aston Villa defender Alan Hutton, reports the Daily Mirror.

Right-back Hutton, 33, is out of contract at Villa Park in the summer and it remains to be seen whether the Scottish international will be offered a new deal.

Hutton has made over 150 appearances in six-and-a-half seasons for the claret and blues, despite spending three spells out on loan at Nottingham Forest, Real Mallorca and Bolton Wanderers in that time.

It’s believed SPL side Aberdeen are also interested in the experienced defender.

Just now, Bloxwich Owl said:

Brentford midfielder Ryan Woods is being linked with a move away from Griffin Park.

Sunderland and Derby, either club at either end of the table at the moment, are said to be interested in the creative midfielder.

Very useful player and type we could definitely use.

I wouldn't be happy with Kalou, he's yesterdays player at 33.

David Wagner signed some decent talent, Kachunga 24, Schindler 26, Hefele 25, Quaner 25, Lowe 27, Stankovic 20....

6 German League players, most expensive being Christopher Schindler at 2.2m, all signed during 2016/17 Season.

11 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I wouldn't be happy with Kalou, he's yesterdays player at 33.

David Wagner signed some decent talent, Kachunga 24, Schindler 26, Hefele 25, Quaner 25, Lowe 27, Stankovic 20....

6 German League players, most expensive being Christopher Schindler at 2.2m, all signed during 2016/17 Season.

That ones on the LIST lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Brentford midfielder Ryan Woods is being linked with a move away from Griffin Park.

Sunderland and Derby, either club at either end of the table at the moment, are said to be interested in the creative midfielder.

Problem with signing Woods would be that we have fair few players specialized to play same role that he plays for Brentford.

Bigger problem is that not one of them is anywhere near as good as Woods.

Would love him to use his contacts from Germany to sign a few.

Mikael Ishak - Strong striker, scoring goals for fun in Bundesliga 2. Also has been capped for Sweden.

Sydney Sam - Was once in the Germany Squads, at 29 his career didn't go the way he planned, but now starting games in Bundesliga 2 and could be the tricky winger we need.