Official January Transfer Rumours Thread..

4 hours ago, aussieowl87 said:

Issue is that for too long, our transfer policy seems to have revolved around signing players that have the biggest reputation (ie that the fans have heard of), even if they are complete gash.

A few anomalies depending on the chairman at the time, along with "all our tuppence could buy us", and there you have it. A transfer policy.

I'm so frustrated that with DC and his money - finally - it felt like we would have a chance of establishing something.

No. It's been pissed away too. Scattergunned on fizz knows what. Just like before but on a much grander scale.

What would make me happy this transfer window? Preparing for a focused recruitment in the summer by clearing out the rubbish. Strangely enough, no one seems to want to sign them.

I won't hold my breath.

I cant remember the last time we actually had teams making bids for our players , or we actually sold one for money. 

2 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

Me personally, I'd be enquiring about Marko Grujic on loan from Liverpool. If Jos does like to play three behind a single striker he'd be perfect!

Grujic is more of a defensive midfielder and is compared to Matic, but he could be good in the 2 in front of the defence. 

5 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Grujic is more of a defensive midfielder and is compared to Matic, but he could be good in the 2 in front of the defence. 

Every time I saw him play for Liverpool he was an attacking midfielder and chipped in with a few goals in pre season too. All his highlight reels suggest he's more of an advanced midfielder too. Either way, he'd be a good addition at 6.3" too.

2 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

Every time I saw him play for Liverpool he was an attacking midfielder and chipped in with a few goals in pre season too. All his highlight reels suggest he's more of an advanced midfielder too. Either way, he'd be a good addition at 6.3" too.

Fair enough, certainly it’s the standard of player I’d like us to be looking at signing!

Just now, Bluesteel said:

If we go one up front then I don’t think we have anyone suited to it in terms of being able to cover ground quickly. But it could mean more game time for Nuhiu coming up in the meantime. 

There’s a German striker he likes who plays up front on his own.

His nickname is Hans Solo. True story.

22 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

Me personally, I'd be enquiring about Marko Grujic on loan from Liverpool. If Jos does like to play three behind a single striker he'd be perfect!

Quality player and just what we need...didn't he go to Turkey on loan?