Official January Transfer Rumours Thread..

56 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I'm not talking about the financial accounts, but the impact against FFP which is over a rolling three year period. Whenever the funds are actually transferred (and as I said earlier, I think that can take up to twelve months) it still had to be accounted for when it came to further acquisitions. And the shortage of leeway appeared painfully evident when it came to replacing Semedo and Sasso which took us almost four months.

FFP doesn't work like that the transfer fee is spread over the entire length of the contract hence why players are signing on longer contracts. 

The fact stands the Rhodes deal whilst in principal was agree'd in January wasn't signed sealed and delivery till pre-season his permanent registration wasn't transferred to SWFC till pre season when the window opened, FACT which I pointed out you were wrong it's ok to say fair cop when you're wrong you know HE garymegson would this is why HE is the better person. 

On 20/12/2017 at 20:06, Mr. Wednesday said:

Once Chansiri finally gets rid of Carlos, he should bring in Dean Smith but will probably bring in another foreign coach. After that we need to upgrade our full backs, bring in a centre back and a pacy winger, plus I'd try and bring in Ryan Woods and Erhun Oztumer. And if possible offload a few players too. Unlikely to get all that done but first and foremost a new manager is needed to get more out of our current squad. If that happens before the transfer window reopens, that would give a new manager two transfer windows to assess and bring in what we need.

Oztumer would be quite a cheap option as Walsall don't have an awful lot of cash, could be a cheap replacement for Forestieri if he leaves - mercurial sort of player, full of the moments of magic that get you off your seat even if his all round game isn't brilliant.

Woods wouldn't be a cheap option, Brentford aren't afraid to sell to divisional rivals but they'll make you pay through the nose. Can't see us affording Woods even if he is a very good and rapidly improving midfielder.

One really good signing would be Maikel Kieftenbald - a really solid, powerful defensive midfielder who's also able to drive the ball forward. Derby did a deal for him in the summer but couldn't complete it in time for the deadline. Would add some much needed solidity and would be a huge upgrade over David Jones.

Would love us to sign up the cream of the staff responsible for player recruitment at both Brentford and, to a slightly lesser extent, Barnsley. 

Young, hungry and talented players with their careers in front of them and a lot to prove, would most likely follow. 

These players would more than likely cost less than what we've been used to spending, and resale value (IF we sold) would more than likely be much, much more than what we're likely to get from a large percentage of our current squad.

Yeah, I know... but I can dream can't I?

After doing some digging. If the manager is Jos Luhukay...

He managed Augsberg then Hertha Berlin...He immediately transferred 2 players to Hertha quite quickly

Marcel Ndjeng, RB, Currently 30.

Sebastian Langkamp, CB, Currently 29.

The CB, Langkamp is 6'3 and looks solid. I would hazard a guess, If he has any input at all on transfers, Langkamp will be enquired about.

Market Value is 3m.

33349_langkamp-hsv_1024x576.jpg

20 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Seen much of him have you or chatting rounduns for the sake of it?

I don't need to see him. If he's young, quick, mobile which I imagine he would be, he's better than  slow, immobile, poo on the ball, pathetic.. 

If you said they'd signed Steven Hawking then I would say Rhodes is better. 

Aston Villa are considering a move for Championship top scorer Leon Clarke, according to reports.

Website Football Insider claims Steve Bruce has the Sheffield United striker ‘top of his shortlist’ of potential replacements for Jonathan Kodjia.

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Pigs in poll position to sign Ryan Kent. A player i would have been very happy with here.

Yeah he’s good like, Liverpool will demand he gets games though I bet , Wilder might take exception to that 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Is that Leonard suppose to be any good pigs are signing? 

Seems to be great professional, very consistant performer who can fill in couple positions. Another smart gamble by Wilder.

Steve Bruce is eyeing a reunion with former Hull City midfielder Nick Powell, according to reports.

The Aston Villa boss is keen to strengthen his squad this month to ensure promotion to the Premier League in May and Wigan Athletic ace Powell is reportedly on his radar.

Powell has been instrumental in Wigan's scintillating League One form following relegation from the Championship last season and has bagged 11 goals in 24 appearances this term.

Wolverhampton Wanderers have been linked with a shock move for Porto’s Brazilian left-back Alex Telles, according to reports in Portugal.

The highly-rated defender, 25, is also said to be attracting interest from Chelsea and Liverpool, both of whom want to sign a left-back this month.

On 05/01/2018 at 00:25, bigash_swfc said:

After doing some digging. If the manager is Jos Luhukay...

He managed Augsberg then Hertha Berlin...He immediately transferred 2 players to Hertha quite quickly

Marcel Ndjeng, RB, Currently 30.

Sebastian Langkamp, CB, Currently 29.

The CB, Langkamp is 6'3 and looks solid. I would hazard a guess, If he has any input at all on transfers, Langkamp will be enquired about.

Market Value is 3m.

33349_langkamp-hsv_1024x576.jpg

Too old... we need youthful players. Not guys who are going to have dodgy knees and require hip replacements.