Official January Transfer Rumours Thread..

13 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

Would love him to use his contacts from Germany to sign a few.

Mikael Ishak - Strong striker, scoring goals for fun in Bundesliga 2. Also has been capped for Sweden.

Sydney Sam - Was once in the Germany Squads, at 29 his career didn't go the way he planned, but now starting games in Bundesliga 2 and could be the tricky winger we need.

I prefer Melbourne Malcom - He's your fella at Barbies...

2 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Some decent suggestions here - Bell at Fleetwood is a player I particularly rate, exactly what we’ve been crying out for at left back. Bradley, Oztumer and Jones could all be low priced but very high value pick ups as well. Morsy would be more pricy, the Dingles will probably be first in the queue for him with their new Chinese money.

Wouldn’t be so sure about Bennett who’s been around for quite a while and never cut it in the second tier, and I’d say we’ve got far too many strikers as it is so there isn’t much need for Charlie Wyke. Maddison is possibly a bit too mercurial for me, tends to have that selfish streak which sometime pays off and sometimes drives you bonkers. Not sure how much Jos would like that really.

In general I prefer these sort of suggestions - younger players with great potential to improve and lower prices. We’ve tried chucking money at established talents like Rhodes and Abdi and it’s gotten us nowhere. Time for a rethink.

I agree...............the blunts picked up 2 full backs pre season from MK Dons and Portsmouth respectively for next to nowt..............and i would swap them for ANY of our full backs that we have bought for much bigger money.

Granted we're over loaded in CM already but majority are crocked, either Pearson from PNE or Woods from Brentford would be a big improvement on what we have

2 others that seem to be capable and on the brink of stepping up are Tom Lockyer and Josh Morris, both a decent age, plenty of games under their belt, performing consistently

We seem to be seen as a cash cow for players and agents these days, we need to change that culture in our squad 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

I agree...............the blunts picked up 2 full backs pre season from MK Dons and Portsmouth respectively for next to nowt..............and i would swap them for ANY of our full backs that we have bought for much bigger money.

I agree. Not only did we pay more money but I'll bet they are on much bigger wages. The Fox deal was particularly mystifying as their fans didn't rate him, coupled with the fact that we had been tracking him for well over six months. Most Owls fans didn't rate him after six matches, including myself, yet we pay 750K! Totally baffling IMO.  

I'd like to see us do both, get a couple of really experienced players in and then goo looking for couple to develop.

I like the idea of Naismith, would fit in well with the Scottish contingent - i'd like us add an experienced Centre back and spend some decent money, but likelyhood to get someone in now based on our league position and realistic target for this season would restrict it to a loan or a punt on a youngster

Right back - we could do with some strength there, What about Bree who went to Villa, he played yesterday but has been down the pecking order, maybe worth an offer -

Also expect interest to spike for Jack Marriot after his brace yesterday... worth a punt looking at our lack of goals

whats everyone's thoughts on Bradley Dack ?

Can’t be bothered to read through tge thread. 

Ryan Kent has had his loan in Germany terminated after just 6 appearance. 

With our new Dutch/German Manager, surely he can speak to Klopp and get this sorted. 

Was very impressed by Kent in both matches Vs Barnsley last year. Just the player we need. 

LIVERPOOL ace Ryan Kent is wanted by Bristol City and Sheffield United. 

That’s according to Sky Sports who say the Championship rivals are sniffing around.

The talented midfielder is back at Anfield having had a loan stint at Freiburg cut short.

Kent, 21, made a meagre six appearances during his stay at the Bundesliga outfit.

However, he’s still highly rated by Jurgen Klopp and is expected to drop down a division in search of regular match action.

Reports last month suggested Fulham, Leeds and Middlesbrough are also keen.

On 08/01/2018 at 14:33, BRUCE LEE said:

Granted we're over loaded in CM already but majority are crocked, either Pearson from PNE or Woods from Brentford would be a big improvement on what we have

2 others that seem to be capable and on the brink of stepping up are Tom Lockyer and Josh Morris, both a decent age, plenty of games under their belt, performing consistently

We seem to be seen as a cash cow for players and agents these days, we need to change that culture in our squad 

Both Pearson and Woods would be brilliant. However, Pearson would likely cost in excess of £10M. Woods probably in excess of £7M.